I scared poor Sabby - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I scared poor Sabby

Last Sunday I bought a plecostomus to eat the algae in my fish tank. Well, sometime on Friday he jumped out of the tank. I found him all dried up on the carpet on Saturday morning. I took an old piece of card and scooped up the corpse and I noticed something whitish on it. I thought it might be ich, so I took a closer look to be sure. Well, whatever it was moved. Being the weenie that I am, I screamed (loud and long) and threw the fish across the room. I hadn't noticed that Sabastion had come up beside me to see what I was inspecting so closely. I looked down and there was my kitty laying flat on the ground with his ears flat against his head. I was sad about the fish dying, but I felt even worse about scaring the cat. So I gave him some petting before I went to scoop the fish up again and dispose of the body. Poor little fishy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 10:49 AM

Annissa, I love your new avatar . Sabby looks so regal!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 11:25 AM

poor kitty!! but i'll bet you looked pretty funny throwing dead fish around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks Queen of the Nile! I took that picture last year shortly after my apartment flooded. I wanted to get some pictures of the mold that was growing everywhere. I sat down for a rest and Sabby jumped up on the arm of the couch so I took a few of him. I had forgotten about them until this morning when I was searching for some other pictures. I thought, "That would make a great avatar!" I love switching things like that around.

faile, I was so embarrassed even though I was the only one home. I can still hear how I sounded. Kinda like, "Waaaoooh wwooooo!" Nope, I don't scream like you hear in slasher pics. I have to sound like I'm yodelling...

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:30 PM

What was on it? My Nana screams like that too. I wouldn't be supprised if you heard her scream when I brought Draco over, all the way to where you are!!!! THAT was a Slasher scream, no, worse!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I had a plecostomus named Herbert who lived for years in a ten gallon tank, but the one in the 29 gallon jumped out. He seemed to be all right, so I put him back and called him Hoover, because he was cleaning the rug. Well.... I guess rugs aren't good to eat. RIP, Hoover.

Plecostomi ( I guess) are so primitive looking, I couldn't help but think how many times they slithered across my hand when I stirred the gravel for a water change.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatLover
What was on it? My Nana screams like that too. I wouldn't be supprised if you heard her scream when I brought Draco over, all the way to where you are!!!! THAT was a Slasher scream, no, worse!!
Heheh...I'm still not sure. I didn't bother to take a second close look. Maybe a sugar ant? Maybe a worm? Carpet fluff? I don't know.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 05:04 PM
Premier Cat

Re: I scared poor Sabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annissa
I hadn't noticed that Sabastion had come up beside me to see what I was inspecting so closely. I looked down and there was my kitty laying flat on the ground with his ears flat against his head
Hehe poor Sabby! I can only imagine he was just too terrified....don't worry I would of probably screamed too, Im such a chicken sometimes....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page