OK, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THIS? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

OK, WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THIS?

I mentioned same sex marriages in my Post titled IDON'T SUPPOSE....... I said for me same sex marriages were OK if they didn't make a big deal out of them. Some of you didn't agree with me, which is fine and dandy, you all are entitled to [/u]your opinions, just as [/u]I am entitled to mine! Anyhoo, I just found out that Rosie O'Donnell married her long time sweetheart. What do you think of it when celebrities get involved in things like this. Personally, I like Rosie ever since she had her Talk Show, BUT, IN MY OPINION,she shouldn't have done it. I'm not trying to start a big argument or anything, I'm just wondering what you all think of this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to HardRocker
I have no problem with same sex marriges. If they want to do it; let em' do it. I think the same thing about celebs. They are people too and so I don't care. It probably changed what people thought about her, but it doesn't matter. At least now she is happy.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

I hink your right about if it makes Rosie happy to marry her girlfriend, then fine, but still, something about it bothers me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 09:08 AM
Cat Addict

I don't have a problem with it. As far as making a big deal about Rosie's wedding, well... Even if she were straight the press would still make a big deal about it.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 11:09 AM

I wouldn't say that Rosie is "getting involved" with anything. I think she just married the love of her life, that's it. I don't think it was to serve any political purpose... I say Yay to Rosie for finally doing what matters to her!
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Queen of the nile. Oh, I agree. I don't think that Rosie and Kelli did it for a political reason either. As I said, I am very much of a fan of Rosie and it was nice to see her look so happy. I think she deserves to be happy after what she's been through these past few months, yes?
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 04:04 PM
Cat Addict

I don't agree with the same sew marriages... Especially in the church!!!

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Premier Cat

Thanks for bringing up the topic and for your opinion, Cattybird.
I have absolutely no problem with same sex marriage. I believe in equal right and I think that includes marrying the person you would like to marry, regardless of sex, color or creed.
One point I have to make is I don't agree with the concept that allowing gays to marry will somehow damage the institution of marriage. Huh?? Like straights getting divorced at a higher than 50 percent rate hasn't done any damage.
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 04:12 PM

You know, I have nothing against same sex marriages... From a religious stand point I think they are immoral, but that is between them and God. (This coming from a member of the Catholic church, as if they didn't have their own discrepencies) As for Rosie and her wife-partner, good for them! My belief is, if it's ok to be homosexual in this society, then society has to realize that there are going to be people who want to live with their life partners with the same legal and spiritual commitment as a hetrosexual married couple. (Kind of like you made your bed now lie in it)
And celebs are people too, they have just as much right as the next guy (or gal).

To each their own and God will sort out what to do with them.
Judge not lest ye be judged.

(Sorry for the religious aspect of this response, but I think this is more of a religious thing than anything else)
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Cat Addict

I feel little bad that I'm the only who doesn't agree. Don't take me wrong, I'm not against them, I respect them.... I just don't think it's good for the soul, for the people and future of this world. They can't even make a baby! Imagine all of us would be homosexuals! There would be no life anymore. And what if one day they say that it's fine to make love to an animal? You give people some freedom and they want more and more....

As I said, I respect them but don't agree with them. It has nothing to do with color,... that's a different story....

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page