Diet success stories? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2004, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Diet success stories?

Does anyone have any good diet success stories cause I know I do?

I had gained 50 lbs. from my first pregnancy. I lost 20 lbs. after I had the baby but still had 30 more to go. I was determined to lose the weight so I started using the slim-fast diet. I did a shake for breakfast, snack, ate a normal lunch, snack and slimfast for supper. It hurt but I lost it all and then some. So it's now 10 months later and I've lost it all plus 3 extra pounds and still going. My dream weight is to be 130 so that's 10 more pounds. I haven't been 130 since early highschool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 12:03 AM

I lost 25 pounds without trying before.. Of course, I got in a lot of trouble with my doctor Now I'm on 2 meds that make me gain weight, and I gained it all back - AND MORE. Now I cant control my eating cravings when I could usually go a whole day without food and not complain.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

That's kind of how I felt when I got pregnant. I was so used to being in control of my weight then boom no control and pregnant. I kind of felt helpless and fat. Now it feels great walking around work and being one of the few that lost it. The other girls that were pregnant still haven't lost it.

I'm sorry that that the medication has caused you to gain weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 11:33 AM

I went on the slim fast diet, which was the very first time i dieted. It took about 4 months for me to really notice it all coming off. I had a shake for breakfast, and another for lunch. Then i had a sensible meal for dinner. I would have a little snack in between breakfast and lunch. Some days i was a little gready and ate far more than i should have done, but i still stuck with it. I didnt exercise very much at all, i really hate it!!! My favourite slim fast was the french vanilla, and the chocolate one...very, very tastey.

When i lost all the weight(which was about 2 and a half stone), i pigged out a little on takaways and all my favourite foods. Then christmas came, and i had lots of goodies. Slowly, i have gained weight. I havent put it all back on completely, but about another stone and i will have! Im on a diet at the moment.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-29-2004, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

I think it's alright to go off your diet for a day as a reward on losing weight.
I couldn't weight for dinner so I ate my meal at lunch and it worked just the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page