Whoopsie! How 'bout you? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Whoopsie! How 'bout you?

I'm happy because I bought a new CD and I really like it. I'm sad because I brought into work today to listen to it at my desk, but I dropped it on the concrete and shattered the case. I hadn't even listened to it all the way through yet! It was a stupid whoopsie and nothing to get too upset about, but I keep looking at the case and it makes me feel bad.

Have you ever done anything little that you can't really seem to get over quickly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Senior Cat

Hi Annissa,

Here's the way to put it into perspective. Take a clean sheet of paper and rank, from highest to lowest, all of the important things in your life. Family, career, home, hobbies, etc.

Now, where does that CD case fit into that list. I am betting that is suddenly is not that important anymore, is it? There are all kinds of things on that list, that are WAY ahead of the CD case.

That being said, I have to use the same technique all the time, myself!

Peace,
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ForJazz did it!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Cat Addict

Maybe you should switch cases with a CD that you don't like so much?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Premier Cat

got a new mobile and dropped it 3 days later- broke into quite a few peices
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:09 PM

this morning i dropped an open container or rice milk, then when i grabbed the paper towels to wipe it up i dropped those too. that ok though, cujo did a great job of cleaning up the rice milk. the weirdo loves it.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Cool Cat

Yeah, I definately have beat myself up over stupid stuff before!
Stick the case somewhere out of sight, tell yourself you're a great person (I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me ) and concentrate on something else! We all make stupid little mistakes!

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 06:47 PM

If I break anything, I panic and burst into tears because I think I'm going to be in trouble.. Although I never got in trouble for breaking anything before. Hmm..

I drop things ALL the time. Mostly when I take my shower because Im slippery.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 03:29 AM
Cool Cat

Whoopsie

When my Mum passed away, I started wearing her 21st Birthday ring. It was a little gold ring with a silver facia, with tiny diamon chips set in. It was so pretty. Well about a year later I was getting something out of the freezer, and I managed to get the ring caught in one of the baskets - don't ask me how - and as I pushed the basket back it ripped the whole facia off the ring. I was really upset - I couldn't believe I had *broken* a ring doing something so simple!
I have all the pieces, and I'm sure it could be quite easily repaired - but its just one of those things you don't get around to. It's a year later now, and its still in pieces in a little box.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Thanks Mike. I'm not really *that* upset about the CD case, but every time I looked at it, I just got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like the time at the hotel restaurant where I asked if they could exchange coffee for pineapple juice and they said they could, but then they charged me for it and I had no money so my brother had to pay for it even though he didn't have any juice. That was 15 years ago and I still feel bad. Not that I'll feel bad about this case in 15 years, but I broke a tape case on one of my They Might Be Giants tapes, like, 7 or 8 years ago, and I still feel bad about that too. I don't even listen to that tape anymore! (I bought it on CD )

Padunk, I'll probably take your suggestions and change it out for a case of a CD I don't listen to much because every time I open the case now it falls apart. And I know how to pull a CD case apart to get the back cover out and replace it, so I don't have to miss out on the pretty blue-gray color they chose for the cover.

I guess I felt so bad because I don't often buy CDs. I've been on a roll lately and I've bought four in less than a month. But before that, I hadn't bought one since October of 2002. I'm kind of funky about buying music and when I do they become like my children. Well, that and I'd just spent $20 on a CD and broke part of it the next day...

Heheh...I guess I'm kind of weird.

Zalensia, ouchie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page