question for those repaying student loans... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

question for those repaying student loans...

I am in the process of trying to consolidate my student loans. I have federal and an educational computer loan.

Any recommendations for companies to consolidate with? The problem I've run into is most places will only consolidate federal loans. I need to consolidate my computer loan with it all and make only one payment.

Any suggestions would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I've been paying on my $19,000 loan for about a year now and every week, I get something in the mail telling me to refiance but I haven't had time to do that yet. I'm not too smart when it comes to loans and all that stuff but i do wish you luck! It's a pain!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 02:06 PM

Are all your loans through one bank? If so, you cannot consolidate with one of those companies. I found that the rate I am getting currently is better than the consolidation rates at many banks and my current rate is fixed, while most refinanced rates are variable. Setting up direct payment online can save up to .25% points.

Is your computer loan with the computer store or company? If so, I doubt you can get a bank to pick it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

I have federal student loans (the gov't type) and a loan with PLATO which is paid to Wells Fargo.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 04:07 PM

I avoid student loans
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 05:39 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to AmberD
The Student Loan Corporation/Citibank is a good company, but you'd have to check about that other loan of yours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

I wish I could have, Aonir.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Cat Addict

I'd like to know what you come up with... as I have to work on consolidationg my 50K in loans soon.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 12:15 AM

Can't you guys get Financial Aid/Grants? I always got more than enough to pay them off. Except I always go one quarter without no payments because they always screw me up. Thus, me going to a new college next year
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Cat Addict

It's a combination of my parents income being too high to recieve much aid (btw, they give me virtually no financial support) and my grades not being good enough for a scholarship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page