What is the most exotic/weirdest thing you have eaten? - Page 3 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 06:06 PM

Lets see, I've eaten reindeer, deer, moose, bear, wild boar, sushi, fermented herring (Swedish tradition - smells awful, taste ok), squid, shark fin. Maybe it's not very exotic, but I liked the land walking things... not much for fish in any way or form.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
My mother loved pickled herring (she was from Scotland), and she made oxtail soup. The soup was good. The sweetest meat is closest to the bone, of course. I did not like pickled herring; I know I tried it, but don't remember the taste.

Lately, I've been hungry for braunshweiger with Swiss cheese and sweet onion on rye bread. I tried it years ago at a deli, and still have it occasionally. This last week I had a sandwich every day. It's a bit like liverwurst, but darker in color. I don't think it's terribly unusual, but many people don't like it.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 07:00 PM

Pickled herring (Sill as we call it) is a traditional food here in Sweden, we eat it each summer (celebrating the mid summer, this weekend actually) and each Christmas.

Most IKEA stores sells Sill from Sweden, if you're curious to try. Eat it with fresh potatoes and knäckebröd (hubby says we swedes are crazy to eat hard bread).

Whitefish roe (caviar) is my personal indulgence, served on toast with raw onion and a squeeze of lemon. YUMMY!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 08:47 PM

I don't think I've ever ate anything that could be called exotic.. I grew up here in the mountains so I've had lots of deer, elk, moose, grouse...

weirdest thing.. hmm maybe when I had this nasty really bitter white wine and olives. The olives was the only thing I could do to cut the taste lol
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Premier Cat

Maybe the most exotic I had was Indian or Mediterranean food. I love sushi (cooked), asian foods (of course, Im asian), and no I would never eat frogs legs or pigs blood or chicken feet......I get nightmares looking at those feet!

I used to not be able to eat crawfish b/c it looked scary but I can eat them now *YAY*
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
The peanut butter and banana sandwhich is GREAT.. Add a little honey, it makes it even better!!

I don't think i hav eaten anything that outragious. I am a Vegitarian so, I have eaten all sorts of fruit and stuff, but no wierd animals.. oh well..
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 08:41 AM

i've eaten alot of wierd things actually. but i once had vanilla ice cream on fried chips. the ice cream tasted ok but the chips tasted horrible! i dont advise anyone to do this
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Kim, I always thought that Sushi is raw fish...

Oh, I thought of one I ate as a child. This is probably the weirdest one yet-for me- pickled pigs feet! Ohhhhhhhh!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I don't think i hav eaten anything that outragious. I am a Vegitarian so, I have eaten all sorts of fruit and stuff, but no wierd animals.. oh well..

Hey, I'm a vegetarian ,too!!! Nice to meet another one And I am SO squeamish, even if I wasn't veg, I don't think I would eat anything TOO weird Some of you guys are really brave!!!
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 11:14 PM

Sushi... squid in stirfry... I think I might have eatten a cat or dog by accident at this chinese food resturant. No joke! They were caught a week later with kitties and puppies in the back! I knew that chicken didn't taste right...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page