Any Yoga/Pilates fans out there? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Any Yoga/Pilates fans out there?

if so... i'm looking to buy a few yoga/pilates DVDs and was wondering if any of you had some good recommendations for my purchase? if not, any good websites with reviews?

i'm in need of a LOT of stretching and love my gym classes but they're not enough for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 12:45 AM

oh my god, thats so funny! i just ordered the winsor pilates video and was gonna ask about it! i guess i'll let you know how it goes.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-16-2004, 01:47 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 10:12 AM
Cat Addict

I bought "Yoga for Beginners." It came with a booklet that describes all the poses so you don't have to go along with the video if you don't want to. I much prefer to go to a Yoga class, though. I didn't know I was doing the poses wrong until I went there and the instructor fixed my posture for me. My friend just bought a Pilates video and she wants to teach me how to do it. I'm up for it. Besides, she's got my Angel Season 1 box set and I'm starting to want it back.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Faile & Annissa -- let me know how those Pilates videos go... and if you liked them, please pass on the names

Annissa--I agree with you on preferring classes... I just can't get enough of them, and unfortunately at my gym, I can only make it Tues-Thurs, which leaves the rest of the week empty... therefore I'd like to have a good intensive video to help me out at home.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Cat Addict

I'm a big fan of Yoga and Pilates. I do both. I have DVD of Pilates for dummies (that's how I started) and I like this DVD. I also have Winsor Pilates (which I dowloaded from Internet for free). I think both (Pilates for Dummies and Winsor pilates) are really good. Winsor is little bit harder I would say.

I have 2 videos with Yoga.

I used to do more Pilates but lately, I was doing more Yoga. In time, Pilates get little bit boring. And also, it's the way I am - I like variety - I can't do one kind of exercise all the time.

There is Yoga almost everyday at 6:00 am on TV (I usually record it), here in Canada on Women Television. It's called Breathing Space Yoga. I love it! They explain it in details which I like.
http://www.wnetwork.com/tv_shows/shows/ ... de=airtime

I do more of both especially in winter time because in summer I like to stay more outdoor - I jog, walk, rollerblade, swim and play tennis.

I'm sure you gonna love Winsor Pilates! Good luck and keep on exercising!

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

thanks eva, i will look into getting the winsor pilates video... as for your yoga videos, would you recommend either that you have? i figure i could do a combination of both and that will keep me nice & happy on the days that my gym doesn't offer classes...

i think some television channels here have yoga as well, but anything before 10am is too early for me since i work late :p maybe one of these days i will get up early to check it out LOL.

thanks for all your great suggestions guys!
- brite
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 10:24 AM
Cat Addict

Hi Brite,

I know the Yoga is early. What I do (if I'm lazy) I record it on a video tape and do the exercises later. Can you see women network TV in USA? I thought it was US channel. Let me know if you have this channel.

I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will take a look at the Yoga tapes I have. I will let you know tonight.

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2004, 10:56 PM

well, i finally got my pilates dvd and was attempting to try it, when i discovered it's very hard to lay on the floor and exercise with cats dive-bombing your stomach. i got through about 2 exercises when i nearly got the wind knocked out of me twice. i guess i'll have to wait till they calm down and take a nap!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Cat Addict

I know how it is. I have the same problem at home. They jump on my head, pull my hear, attack my pants....

-eva-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page