Designed a flier - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Designed a flier

For a class of mine we had to re-design a flier. I took this terrible flier for H.A.T.S., a local animal group around here, and completely revamped it. (I'd show you a picture of the original, but I had to turn it in with my assignment.)

Anyway, what do you think? Negative criticisms are welcome! I need them in fact! What part of the flier catches your eye first? Too much info for a flier? Too "boxy" of a layout? Too many photos?

My main problem with it are the small pictures towards the top, I had a different layout (same content) and made a last minute change at the prof's recommendation. The last change added another large picture. I think with three large pictures the small ones have a lot less meaning. I was almost out of time and couln't do anything about the top.

Anyway, here it is. All in all, I think I'm proud of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:33 PM

I think it looks very good!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 09:47 PM

You should be proud, it looks great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 10:27 PM
Cool Cat

Looks good.

What type of course are you taking?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2004, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Here is the official description of the course:

JRN 302 Introduction to Graphics and Visual Communication 3(3-0) F, Sp
Principles and techniques of publication/advertising graphics and visual communication, including typography and the printing process

Basically it's a newspaper/magazine/misc publication design course. It has a ton of lab work focused on Quark Express. (Which is an awesome program, btw) I've designed book covers, schedules of events, magazine covers, magazine spreads, fliers, and newspapers. It's fun stuff, almost makes me wish I was heading into that field. This class is required for my minor, but doesn't have much to do with it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Cool Cat

I really like the layout and pics!
Nitpicky wording stuff: On the left it says "The dogs and cats love to be pet". Can I call upon Jeanie? I have no idea if this is the correct grammar, but for some reason it just sounds wrong to me. Should it be "petted"? Or is "pet" correct?
And on the right, "the harsh reality is that every animal cannot be adopted". I personally think it would sound better as "the harsh reality is that not every animal can be adopted".

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I completely agree with the poor grammar, which is annoying because I try to be anal about that stuff, but I was rushed to finish.

I made typos on the web address (bottom right) and spelled "Isabella" wrong (top left).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Cool Cat

What field are you headed into?

I took courses that were semi-related to graphic arts, and ended up working in the field. I like it - but sometimes wish to do more stuff (the ads I make aren't for the most spectacular medium). But I guess seeing my ads on tv across the province is rewarding sometimes, althought they're on a crappy channel.

It would be cool in that shelter picked up your ad. It's an adrenaline rush to see your first ad in a publication. I still remember what my first one was, and they're actually still using it 4 years later! I had to revise it for a change of address on Friday.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I'm a marketing major, with an advertising minor. The class is required for the minor... at the time I signed up for my major/minor (sophmore year), I thought I wanted to go into advertising. I don't think I do anymore, but I'm too close to graduation to do anything about it now. (22 credits shy)

I'm currently wishing I doubled majored in Marketing and Logistics.. it seems all of the lucrative jobs that interest me are in the logistics field.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to HardRocker
Looks good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page