Video Taping Your Pets - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 03:14 AM Thread Starter

Video Taping Your Pets

I don't know how many of you do this but I think it is a great way to preserver the time you have with your pets. With todays technology you can easily tape your pet and then upload it to your computer then burn it to DVD. Like wise uploading all your pictures to your PC then burning them to Disk will also ensure that you will have them for as long as you have the disks.

Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:07 AM

I wish I had a video camera!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Premier Cat

i got video tape of viennas kittens when they were about 4 weeks old, escaping from their place in the bedroom- climbing over the wall, if i ever figure out how to hook it up to my computer ill upload it.
I got ones of vienna when she was a kitten on her first day outside, she was all frizzed up huge and running around like a nutter hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Cat Addict

Here at work I change video tapes to .avi files. They hooked up a VCR to my computer and I use Pinnacle Studio LE software. It's really easy to do. Now all I need is a video camera... I'd probably just constantly post more videos of Sabby eating, drinking, laying down, sitting up...laying down again... He's not the most active cat.

I loved faile's video of Cujo drinking water out of a spray bottle.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Cat Addict

For as nice as my digicam is, it doesn't take videos.

Someday I'll pick up a camcorder, but for now that's too much of a luxury item for me.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

I have a Sony Digital Video Camera and all I do is run a fire wire from the camer to the PC and use Video Explosion Editing software or even the crappy program that came with XP Home to upload the vidoe to my PC.

I then edit the footage and burn it to Video CD (Most newer DVD players will play this format) and when I get a DVD burner I will burn them all to DVD.

The nice thing is you can add music and effects. I have been in the profession going on 20 years now and have even worked with an award winning broadcaster. (Excellence in Government Programing).

If you use a newer digital video camera your footage will be of higher quality than standard, almost high defination. You can also record the edited footage back to your camera and then dub to standard VHS.

I love digital video as it really amps up the quality of the video and once it is recordered the fall out that you normally see on standard VHS is far less apparent.

Digital video tapes are about the size of a stack of credit cards. They are very impressive for there size.

Video taping kittens and even older cats playing is most rewarding.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Premier Cat

I have some videos of my kitties I got from my digital camera. Does anyone know how to post those on here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page