What's your happiest memory? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

What's your happiest memory?

I think I'll take Jeanie's advice and start a thread about it.

My happiest memory:

Back in 1995 when I was still in High School, the marching band took its trip to California. This was something we did over spring break every three years. We chartered three busses and headed south through two states to Anaheim, CA. My best friend Ken and I were seat mates for the 30 hour trip. We stayed at the YMCA there. The girls slept in the aerobics room and the boys slept in the upstairs locker rooms. While we were there we got to go to Disneyland for 3 days. We took several music seminars in the Disneyland back lots and even marched down Main Street USA. I was sitting in the Tomorrowland cafe with my friend Tim when we spotted Candace Bergen. I knew it was her, but he swore it wasn't. It was. One of my friends got her autograph later in the day. The evening of the third day we saw Miss Saigon in L.A. and the next day saw The Phantom of the Opera in San Francisco. When we were about an hour or so away from getting home again, I looked over at Ken and said, "I wish we could do it all over again." That is my happiest memory.

(Edit) I found a picture of Tim and me at the Tomorrowland Cafe that day. This was taken shortly after the Candace Bergen incident. I'm wearing the silly hat because my scalp sunburns, but Tim is wearing the silly hat because he's silly. I took this picture myself. Tim is also taking a picture hence the stupid looks on our faces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Premier Cat

Meeting my bf, esp before i moved in with him, was there for me when my parents divorced.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I think any mother would understand if I say that nothing could possibly compare with holding your babies for the first time. So, could that be a given?
I can't narrow this down to just one. Could our wedding day could be another given?

Ok, normal things. I was so thrilled to see the ocean when I worked in Atlantic City one summer. The Grand Canyon is beyond description in any language. It strikes you with such awe, and it gave me the absolute assurance and physical proof that God lives! I love nature. It amazes me! Oh, and I saw Saturn LIVE with a Science Center's telescope. WOW! (Please excuse me, but seeing one flower is enough to fill me with ecstasy!)

I have some personal achievments that brought me great joy, but I don't want to go on and on.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:24 PM

My most favorite memory is my trip to Puerto Vallarta Mexico my senior year witth my spanish club. I was able to share a FABULOUS hotel room with my two best friends, and it was awesome! we got to go the clubs, lay on the beach, and we just made so many memories! It was the best time ive ever had, it was really special in so many ways!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
O, muy interesante! Me gustaria!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 10:48 PM
Cat Addict

I am incredibly lucky to say that I already have enough happy memories to fill an entire lifetime. The obvious ones are becoming a big brother, becoming an uncle, and watching both of my parents get over illness.

Another is the day we adopted Elly; when we first saw her she was jumping out of a tree, then she bit the lady in the butt, and after all of that, she was pummelling her poor brother... and we decided to take her home. What were we thinking? It's always fun to think back to that day.

I was fortunate enough to get tickets to see the final game ever played at Tiger Stadium, being crowned homecoming king in high school was fun, my trip to Washington D.C. and having a good time with some of my closest friends, climbing Mt. Washington in New Hampshire, helping an elemtary school with their school play - the Lion King. The list goes on and on.

I'm a lucky person.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Tom Cat

To be truthful, I think I'm still living my happiest memory.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Cat Addict

I can't really choose one. I'm 25 now and I think my best memories are from my childhood and my teenage age. I had no worries and no responsibilities. I spent time with my parents and friends. It was a great time!

I think, when I will be older, I will be saying that my best time was when I was 25. LOL

-eva-

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to HardRocker
-That's easy for me. For years I never talked to anyone. I met my first bf this year and he brought me out of my shell. I love having people to talk to. I fell so stress free now that I don't have to hold everything in.

-My other best memories are when we went the Virgin Islands and to the Bahamas. We were on a cruz. Was great!!!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Tom Cat

Too many to list. However, a VERY interesting memory would be that I got a behind-the-scenes tour of the Space Shuttle. I actually touched a space shuttle tire that had been in space. The real reason I was there was for attending the Measurement Science Conference. My best friend, John and I got to go with a head honcho of the MSC who happened to work for Boeing and arranged for a small group of folks to tour the re-hab facility in CA.

After every 4 to 5 missions in space, the shuttles are stripped down and rebuilt. We got to hold samples of the ceramic tiles that coat the underside of the shuttle. We also saw some of the dedicated measurement equipment that they use on the shuttle. Very interesting. This one event made ALL the years of engineering school worth it. I have pics, I will try to remember to bring them to work so I can scan them.

Oh one last thing, the docking station to the MIR was also there. It was used to connect the shuttle to the MIR. I snooped over and poked my head inside of it. It smelled of stale popcorn. Honest truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page