Time to introduce my other baby... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2004, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Time to introduce my other baby...

OK... i think everybody is ready to meet my second 'child' .............. She's a beautiful Arctic White Pontiac Firebird TransAm RamAir WS6 <-- yes, full name of the car

Purchased her about 5 years ago and it's my absolute toy, well, at least before Marsh came along . I've driven this car since she had 12 miles on the odometer, and loved every second of it. I'm 29 already, but for any of you thinking of getting a beautiful sports car, I'd say do it, because you live only once

I also had a differnt stripe theme on her about 2 years ago, blue on black, the last picture shows it off some say it was the better 'look', i just think it was different

If any of you have your 'second' car-babies to show off, please do!

[/i]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 12:59 AM
Cool Cat

Nice car but the traction has to be awful in snow. I had a Grand Am GT years ago with the same low profile tires and once they had moderate wear the car was a real pain to drive in winter.

I've been trying to make out the license plate through the smudging. It looks like OBSSION.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo
Nice car but the traction has to be awful in snow. I had a Grand Am GT years ago with the same low profile tires and once they had moderate wear the car was a real pain to drive in winter.

I've been trying to make out the license plate through the smudging. It looks like OBSSION.
darnit!!i thought i did a pretty good job on hiding it! which pic could you see it on? Yes, it's OBSSION btw, i smudged it some more just now

I actually have on the all-weather/snow rated tire. It's a BFG KDWS. Excellent tire, not a lot of noise, lasts 40K +, excellent up to 120-130mph, good highway traction on dry/wet; good in snow with OK traction. BUT, i had a lot of problems on the original factory set of goodyears, they'd spin in rain, and forget about snow, every stop at the red light had me sliding all over and getting going again was MURDER. I have NO idea how i didn't crash the car that first winter. Next winter, the tires went into the dumpster and i got the new set of the BFG's and could breathe easy again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 01:15 AM
Cool Cat

Yes, I just had the factory Good Year tires. They were OK the first winter but after that forget it.

I made out the tags from the very first photo... not any more.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Senior Cat

Hey! I am also a big Firebird fan. I learned to drive on my dad's 1982 Firebird. Stick shift of course, man, that was a hard car to drive! But I want an old one. My dream car would be a 1967 Firebird convertable.

In the meantime, my hubby has a 1971 Nova that is his pride and joy. I can drive it whenever I want, but most of them time, I don't want. No power steering makes for sore arms!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
Nice looking cars!

I drive a 1990 Ford Taurus. Now that's an awesome car isn't it? LOL

(I intend to drive that thing until it's very last breath/guzzle!)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Cat Addict

Oh.... DustyLou - Can I drive it? puullleeease?

I'm a Mustang girl. Had to give up my 81 Mustang Cobra. It wasn't in the best shape when I got it, but I did love it. It just became a money pit, and for a college student that's not an option. I had wanted to store it for restoration later, but it didn't work out. *sniff*

Here's the model I had: 81 Mustang Cobra.

Mine was red and black with T-tops. Oh, I miss it!

After that I went to an '87 Ranger and now a '95 Corolla. So, as you can see, I learned my lesson when it comes to looks vs. affordability.

Someday, I will have a 1969 Mustang Mach I.

My boyfriend loves Camaros. He has an '84 Z28, all original parts, T-tops, etc. He actually bought it from a cop (I think) who had a lot of extras put in it when he bought it new. From what I remember of the story, it has all the options and even a top "console" by the t-tops that was original to the Firebird. So in a way, it's a one-of-a-kind. But, we are trying to sell it. Well, we need to sell it but we're not really trying that hard.

edit: typo and added link

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
I drive a 1990 Ford Taurus. Now that's an awesome car isn't it? LOL
Hey! My "everyday" car is a 2004 Taurus, my first brand new car. I love that thing!! I too intend to drive it until the day it dies.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Oh.... DustyLou - Can I drive it? puullleeease?
You'll have to talk to Hubby about that one. He generally takes a full driving history, insurance information, and your first born before letting you behind the wheel!

Check out Hubby's web site: http://www.napijoescarshow.com

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
Rarepuss:
I learned to drive on a Trans Am that looked almost exactly like yours! My mom bought it just before I got my licence, so obviously I was happy! I went through 3 sets of brakes on it because I would drive so fast, then brake at a stop sign.....hahahahha. I dont' do that anymore! Anyway, it's a really fun car. Ours had T tops as well, so that just added to the fun my friends and I had in it! I was sad when she sold it.

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page