A house is in the horizon... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
A house is in the horizon...

... at least if I should believe the recent events.

We looked at a house on sunday and pretty much loved it and placed a bid on it. The owner, sick of having people coming to look at the house, said she now wanted to wait for our loan approval from the bank before showing it to any other interested parties.

Today we went to the bank and we got a preliminary yes. Since we have some loans on the condo it complicates things since we need to buy the house before we sell the condo. So the application is going to be brought up to a credit committee on monday afternoon. Although the lady we spoke to to the bank said she didn't think it would be any problems since we'll be selling the condo and make a profit, a profit we will use to pay off parts of the house loan right off the bat.

On wednesday next week, there's some inspections done on the house we've ordered to make sure there's no problems with fungus and mildew and after that the real-estate agent suggested we sit down with the seller and start writing up the contracts.

If all goes as planned and all goes through we'll be moving in mid december.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Well, I be darn.... ANOTHER bank just called and wanted to lend us the money, at cheaper rates! When it rains, it pours. Soooo.... someone seem to like us and to have this house, that gave us such good vibes when we saw it!

<--- 5 out of 5 possible
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Tom Cat

*So* exciting! You mention a condo, but is this your first house?

My husband and I bought our very first house just under a year and a half ago - what an insane adventure that was! But so worth it. We knew the very first moment we drove up to it that it was the ONE. We looked at each other and said "do we even need to go in?"

Fingers crossed for a smooth transaction!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:08 PM
Cat Addict

Congratulations. Let us know when it turns out.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Senior Cat

I hope that loan goes through - the cheaper rates one that is! How exciting to be able to get a house soon... *sigh* I can't wait for the day that I get to have my own house!
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Cat

I'm in the same boat, Petra! Congrats... isn't it an exciting process? The loans for us have already been locked in, we're just going thru the process of reviewing the disclosure documents and asking questions we have about the Home Owner's Associaition, but if all is well... sounds like I'll be moved in by the end of the month!

Have any pix of your new place?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

another great creation by ForJazz
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPet
Well, I be darn.... ANOTHER bank just called and wanted to lend us the money, at cheaper rates!
Doncha just hate when THAT happens? Were you able to find a polite way to say "no" to them?

I hope everything works out for you!

Peace,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Premier Cat

Such an exciting time, but it is so stressful!! Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Oh, thanks for the support and cheers!!!

Well, the pictures online that the real-estate agent took isn't the best quality, but it should give you a fair idea of the house.

Photo's of the house

Here's the floor plan, since they didn't put a nice one on the web, I've filled in the mesurements too of each room... should give you an idea of the size too!

Floor Plan

(I even translated the square meters to square feet and the translated the words of the rooms to english -- it was mostly for Hubby's parents, but you'll find it useful too).

The move-in-date would be mid december, so until then we need to sell our condo apartment and try to time it all to the same date.

And YES, my gosh it's stressful already! But we're debating if we should hire someone to do all the packing and the move for us. It cost a bit, but least stressful for me and also for hubby since she will have to do most of the work due to my health.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Petra, it's a wonderful floor plan! Even a sauna! What more could anyone ask for? It would be worth the money to have the packing and moving done ( if it's afflordable). There will still be a lot for you to do, since you will have to supervise, shop, and decorate. I do hope it's the home you've always dreamed of. It's wonderful to have a home of your own. Good luck and many years of joy! I hope all goes smoothly.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page