Florida Members - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Florida Members

Just wanting to see everyone is ok after the awful weather you've been having. News said that they reckon hurricane Ivan might be heading your way too.
Hope everyone and their furbabies are safe

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I'm not, but my grandparents live just north of Daytona and as of yesterday they still didn't have power. My mom was talking to my grandma on a cell phone and she was trying to explain where Ivan is, how strong, where it might go, etc. I feel bad. I also have an uncle down there I think like halfway between Palm Beach and Daytona... not suer where but he's fine.

I feel terrible for all the people who lost their homes. I lived in Ft. lauderdale during Andrew years and years ago and remember how thankful we all were that we were fine, but how hard it was to see the damage it caused all around us.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hurricane Frances has just cleared Pennsylvania. It rained without stopping for two days, bringing 5 inches of rain to the area. I can only imagine what the people in Florida went through! I pray that Ivan doesn't hit them; it's a category 5!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Senior Cat

Has anyone heard from Krista (Tierney and Teagan's mommy)? Last I heard, she was heading up to NY to escape the last hurricane... I hope her home is ok...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Cat Addict

I wouldn't be surprised if she stayed in NY until Ivan passes over.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Cat

my parents have told me that Hurricane Frances passed thru NY as well, and like Pennsylvania, dumped a whole lot of rain on NYC... subways were flooded, but still not nearly as bad as Florida... so if Krista made her way to NY, she should be fine. just a bit wet at most, i hope.

another great creation by ForJazz
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Hello... I know i havn't been around much.. Internet time is limited... Thanks for all the concern.

We are in NY, and yes padunk, we are staying until Ivan Passes... Our house is ok, for now, but we don't know what Ivan will do. We thought we got away from Frances, and then the rain hit us here, our Aunt had 2 feet of water in her basement so we had to help bail her out, and most of the city roads were closed due to flooding. Not nearly as bad as it would of been in FL though.

Teagan and Tierney are doing pretty well here.. getting used to my mom's house, Tierney does not like my Step-Father, and hisses at him every time he comes near him. Teagan is doing great, although we have a vet apt monday, i think she has another URI. I hate that i forgot my camera,.. as she is getting so much bigger, and i am missing so many cute pictures!

I will keep you updated..

K
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to CatLover
I'm glad you're okay! They're saying Ivan may hit us, but whereever it goes I hope it isn't Florida!! They've had too much damage by Charlie & Frances.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
got my mom's camera.. there are new pics in meet my kitty!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Now that the Northeast has cleared up and the rain has stopped, I hope you have some time to sightsee and take pictures of New York, too. My prayers are with your family and all of those families in Florida, that Ivan does not do serious damage. Blessings!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page