September 11, 2001 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
September 11, 2001

I don't want to let this day go by without asking for prayer for the families and friends left behind by this cruel tragedy. The tears will never stop for those who have lost loved ones, but I pray that they know they have the thoughts and prayers of their fellow citizens, and that we will not give up until all those responsible are captured and imprisoned, and that we will do our best to prevent a repeat of that terrible day. God bless them.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Senior Cat

I know I'm not American but I just want to say that the people affected by Spetember 11th are also in our hearts over the water.

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Premier Cat

The tragedy hasn't been far from my mind all day. Seems impossible that it has been three years ago already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 06:21 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
I agree, it seems like yesterday and like something out of a history book at the same time. Of course those affected are in my prayers today especially.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Senior Cat

Jeanie, as the chaplain was offering prayer at the opening of the Highland Games, he specifically addressed those left behind after that senseless morning. I was moved, deeply, by his prayers

It suddenly reminded me of the freedoms that I was enjoying on such a beautiful day and how blessed I truly am.

Peace,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Cat Addict

Although it was a bit off-timed, at the Purdue football game today they had a military flyover in honor of those that were lost.

Also, all fans were asked to wear Red, White and Blue and they kept the flag at half mast.

It took all my strength not to cry (again).
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 01:00 AM
Senior Cat

I think everyone remembers where they were and what they were doing. It was a tragedy that brought us closer and made us realize how vulnerable we are to terrorism here in the U.S.

My heart goes out to everyone affected by 9/11 and I hope that peace may abound to those left in the wake of the tragedy. I hope that what Bin Laden meant for evil and terror that God has turned around for good in small and big ways.

~R

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doeremi
I hope that what Bin Laden meant for evil and terror that God has turned around for good in small and big ways.
Couldn't let that one go by without a resounding AMEN!

Peace,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Senior Cat

I was at a wedding all day on September... but I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened.

I remember being in the sun room - watching tv before I went to class - and turned to a chanel - I thought it was a show at first - until I realized where it was...

The thing I remember most was watching on the news... a mother and daughter(s) trying to find their daddy. I think one of the girls said something along the lines of "I just want to find daddy and our pets." The story finished with them finally meeting - with lots of smiles and daddy with animal crates in his hands.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I had turned on the Today show in time to hear about the second tower being hit, and about the missing plane heading towards Pittsburgh. I got on the phone immediately and called my daughter to tell her to get out of there immediately. The boss had already excused the entire staff, because it seemed logical that the plane was going to hit the tallest skyscraper, which was very close to their building. She headed for the bus stop, but a friend gave her a ride home.

While I was speaking to her, the plane had gone past Pittsburgh (over Pittsburgh) and had turned east. It crashed about 40 miles from my home, in the next county, Shanksville, Somerset County. I'll won't forget that morning, not ever.

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page