Sims 2? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Sims 2?

Anyone else a Sims freak? I'm anxiously awaiting its release this week. Once its out you can pretty much guaruntee I won't be on Cat Forum for at least a few days I'll be lucky if I remember to go to sleep before 5am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE playing Sims! It is SO addictive! I start building them cool houses and the time just flies by! I don't really follow what versions are coming out when, I just play the one I have....but what is Sims 2? I'm sure that could be dangerous for me, because I would be playing it ALL THE TIME......!!!!!

I love using the rosebud and !;!;!; cheat.....if only life was that easy!

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Sims 2 is an entirely new engine of sims. It wont work with the old expansions but its INSANELY cool! EVERYTHING has been updated and made to be more realistic, you can create and or download custom content (like design your own furniture,hairstyles,makeup,clothing etc) Sims age, they can get pregnant, have children, and the children grow up to become adults, your sim will age as well to seniors and eventually they die. The Sims 2 was given Editors Choice by 5 different computer gaming magazines. Sims have memories, fears, lifetime goals, wants. Its less focused on their needs, they mostly take care of themselves so you can concentrate on fulfilling their lifetime goals. They can go insane, they can be abducted by aliens, the marriage ceremony is now a full fledged event, you can invite guests, design or pick out a wedding dress, either of the couple can get cold feet and walk out on their own wedding. Sims have memories, like if they had a traumatic experience as a child they have phobias from it as adults. I'm forgetting a lot i'm sure but if you go to http://thesims2.ea.com/about.php you can real all about it, and watch videos, check links (the gamespy reviews are hilarious)download the custom sim maker, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, go ahead, Payge, make me jealous! I just got the original game, and I barely have enough memory for it. I have a very old computer with very little RAM, and no room for more, I guess. Well, it will be new for me, but I won't be able to use any of the expansion games.

By the way, I think the RULES state somewhere that you can't be absent to play computer games. Sorry about that! Oh, if you can't find that, you'll just have to continue looking......

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 07:16 AM
Cat

I also LOVE the sims, and I've been anxiously awaiting Sims 2 for a year now. I've already pre-ordered my copy, I go to the store to pick it up on Wednesday! I can't wait.

Also of interest on Wednesday is Fable, I ordered that too. It's supposed to be a revolutionary RPG on the XBox. It certainly looks good. It will have to wait a few weeks, because sims 2 definitely comes first.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to marijun
i will be playing the sims 2 later this afternoon, if all goes well. muahahaha!

- Marion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"yeah its strange, but what's so strange about that?" - built to spill
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:22 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
Wow, Sims 2 is SO involved! I can TOTALLY see how you would be up until 5am playing it! I would probably miss school because of it! I will buy it for sure now that I know about it!

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 12:38 PM
Senior Cat

I love the sims. I got it for the PS2 and played it addictively for weeks. I bacame a mafia crime lord, married a rock star and had 3 kids. And lived in a huuuugggeeee house. Was so much fun

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
I have my sims2 copy all preordered and ready to go! I can't wait.. only 2 more days!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Tom Cat

I got the Sims 2 last night!! Unfortunately I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.

-Jill

By ForJazz

"As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." - Ellen Perry Berkeley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page