People at work taking a 5 fingered discount! *rant!* - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

People at work taking a 5 fingered discount! *rant!*

I just have to get this off of my chest...

My bosses are super picky about their drinks and stuff - and if they see cups missing and milk gone... it means that they are either 1 - being drunk by you or 2 - being given away to your friends.

I noticed the other day that 2 employees that work with me came in during my shift - made themselves a drink while I sat *they are allowed to do this... which really irritates me* and not once did I hear the cash register! They get free drinks while they work... but while off the clock you get your drinks for 50% off.

I can't really blame them yet because I wasn't standing up and watching them... but I always listened to the register... because off the clock employees make me nervious when they have access to MY register on MY time! Not once did I hear it! But I wasn't watching! GRRR!

That's not the half of it! Almost ALL of the employees do this on MY TIME! No matter what part of the day... it's always my shift... if they did it in the mornings all the times... I could understand... but they do it morning... afternoon... and night... as long as I'm on the clock working! I've seen them pay a couple times... but now I'm suspicious!

What upsets me so much is the fact that they are doing it on my time... like trying to get me in trouble... or trying to take advantage of my ignorance! On top of that sometimes they make drinks for their families!!!! What hurts me so much more is the girl I thought was my friend from school did the exact same thing! I feel so betrayed... I feel sick!

From now on I'm camping out infront of the register no matter what! I'll stop what I am doing just to look at them... If they look at me weird... s**** them... it's my time and my boss' money... and if they try to walk out without paying... I'll check them on it... if they just don't care... I'm talking to the boss... if I check and see they didn't ring themselves out (they have to leave a ticket with their name on it) then I'm talking to the boss.

One boy that worked there before was accused of stealing... I think that the OTHER people working there took it! If all of the staff comes in an takes something... thats around $3... that is around $27... but I've never seen them take just one drink... They can get their fraps and mochas for $1.50-2.00... but if they come in and steal enough... the bank book doesn't read employee discounts that are unacounted for... so sometimes it could reach around $80!!!

This really upsets me... and I want to get a job somewhere else... but the tips are really good (sometimes $30 a day on top of my paycheck!). I know I need to work this through though... it just upsets me that these people would treat me like this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 06:11 AM
Senior Cat

That's so hard because no doubt you want to do the right thing but you won't want to be seen as the tell tale either. Could you lose your job over this? I think I'd maybe have a quiet word with the boss though becasue it sounds as though you'll be the one to get into trouble.

*hugs to you*

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I could definitly lose my job and have a permanent stain on my record as a theif at work! No one would hire me then... I'll definitly have a word with the boss... but I'm going to check and make for SURE that they are doing it - which means when they come in - I stand up and watch them - which might look weird to them since no one else does it - but at this point... with the problems I could face... I'm not taking chances.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Senior Cat

Let us know what happens

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page