I adopted a tree today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I adopted a tree today

At first I thought it was a load of hooo-haaaa
We got there and the lady was really nice.
She asked all the children who didnt have a tree alrdy if they wanted to adopt one. She also asked any staff, so I did.

So I have an oak tree.

Also I had to post this, it had the most beautiful view. And what was the nicest thing was the quietness. You couldnt hear any traffic, it was lovely.

The reason those faces are edited is I work in a school- those are some children who were in the picture, and for obvious safety reasons I have edited out thier faces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 03:06 PM
Jr. Cat

nice tree

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Congrats on the tree

you know, I have to laugh at myself for this one. Feel free to laugh at me as well... when I saw the last picture with the faces covered... for a second there I thought it was the Blue Man Group!! LOL!!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 11:34 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That was a great field trip. I love nature! Now that you have your own tree, will you be posting pictures often and asking for ideas for a name? I'd call it Okie Doke. Seriously, that is a lovely view. I so want to visit Scotland and England. When I see the pictures, it just makes me want it more, almost like homesickness.

There is a wonderful program in Israel in which people can have a tree planted in the Holy Land in honor of a loved one. I think that's a wonderful idea.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Oh wow! What a view, if only there were anything that green out here. ***SIGH***

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Jessimacat, We have that type of scenery in Pennsylvanie, and I love nature. The green beauty of the British Isles is because of the cooler summers. It's a great place for gardening. It's so majestic and inspiring!

However, I took one trip to southern California, and I LOVED it! I hated to say good bye to the palm trees and flowers blooming in October! It was so beautiful...I guess we're just never satisfied! I would love to visit that area again.

And, although there was not much in the way of green in Arizona and New Mexico, it was magical! Each area has its own special beauty. How I wish I could have visited Yosemite National Park. That is one of the most beautiful places on earth. I guess we should all count our blessings!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 02:53 PM
Cat Addict

Nature is one of the few things I love about Kansas; we have such diversity. Fields of grass, corn, and wheat, rolling hills, the Konza prairie, trees, etc. It's especially beautiful here around Manhattan b/c we in the middle of the Flint Hills. And, although I hate winter, we get to see the beauty in all seasons!

I am jealous of the plants that grow further south, i.e. San Antonio, but that's just because I don't have them here!

Tina

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to Manda-chan
Hmm

Lol..i had to laugh at the lil blue faces...at first i thought itw as a UFO sighting =P

Very cool idea about the tree...and i have to admit, i'd love to go sit out there and study (which i should be doing right now...)

Amanda

Sig by ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page