Feeling Guilty - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Feeling Guilty

I have a serious feeling of guilt here. I'm off work for several days (docs orders) becasue I have no voice and a poisoned throat. I'm in no pain and feel fine except I can't talk. I feel so guilty being off work. Went in this morning and was told by the office to get a doctors appoinment which I did during my lunch. Drove all the way to my docs in my own town then drove back to work to tell them. They were fine but I feel I'm not really ill and we're already short staffed. Loving being home with the kitties but suffering from uneasy guilt. Anyone else like this when they are off sick?

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Senior Cat

Misty, just be content with following the doctor's orders.

We so often try to be such good stewards of our finances, our home, our careers, etc. And we forget that we also need to be good stewards of our own bodies.

Rest up and get well.

Peace,
Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ForJazz did it!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Cat Addict

Think of it this way: if you're contagious and went to work, you could cause an epidemic. That would cause them to be even more short-handed.
Just think of this as your way of preventing an epidemic, and be sure to give the kitties lots of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Senior Cat

It sounds like you are a hard worker, so enjoy your little mini-vacation! Get caught up on your books and movies. If you are that worried about missing work, is there anything you can work on from home?

I was out of work last year with a busted leg and I felt the same way. I was fine, I just couldn't walk. And considering my job consists of SITTING at a desk all day, I felt bad about being out of work too. But now that I look back on it, why was I in such a hurry to get back here?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 01:19 AM
Senior Cat

Don't feel bad! Last year I got a kidney infection, I ignored it thinking it was a bladder infection and just drank cranberry juice. Well the day my boss had specificly asked me to cover for him so he could go to his daughters graduation came (he had asked me a month in advance) and I was in so much pain I couldn't stand, Patrick took me to the emergency room and it turned out I had to stay in the hospital all day and night for observation, they were afraid I was going to die!! But even through the pain I couldn't help but feel soooo guilty for not being able to go to work.

Whats worse is two months before that I had basicly had a nervous breakdown(my ex had been harrassing me with nonstop calling, my parents were still mad at me for leaving my ex, Patrick hadn't found a job and we had only been together a few months, I was the only one working and I was making a pitiful amount of money, plus I still at that point believed what my ex had always told me about being worthless etc) I was soo sick from it it was extremely hard just to roll over in bed. I stayed in bed sleeping 23 hours a day for two weeks, and could barely eat, Patrick had to help me to the bathroom even! And what made it all worse was feeling like I was just being lazy which made me even more stressed etc. In the end I turned off the phones ringer, and spent two days just doing what I wanted to do (lay there and not worry about anything) and thats what finally got me better.

So don't feel bad! Sometimes your body needs "me" time, even if your brain and heart don't want it, your body (and doctors!) know best!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
I get the same guilty feeling about not going to work. But the doctor knows best. You may not feel sick, but your body is and it needs its rest to recover properly. Like Payge said, if you push it, it can get worse. Many times I've persisted in working through a "cold" only to develop bronchitis or worse, pneumonia. So taking off a few days now may prevent you from taking more time later. Also, enjoy! Make the best of it!

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2004, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I have relented and accepted I need to be off. For strters I Teach 6 years old so there is no way I can do that without a voice. And today it's hurting so feeling sicker now so don't feel as guilty. Just finished playing with the kitties so enjoying my time off.

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page