Fighting temptation... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-01-2004, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Fighting temptation...

While I was working today... a woman came in and ordered a drink. All the while I could hear a loud bark... I already knew it was a doxie! I asked her if he wasn't happy - she said - nope - but that's too bad. I told her how much I loved them... and how much I wanted one someday. She asked me if I wanted him... no... not a joke... seriously!

I asked her if there were any problems - she said no - the only problem was that he wanted more attention than she could give... he was very clingy. O_o

I went outside to look at him - the second I walked out he stopped barking - and he let me pet him without hesitation! He just wagged his tail along with his whole body! He probably weighed no more than 7 lbs... he was SO CUTE and NICE!

When she asked me - it actually HURT to say no! It was also all I could do not to say "YES! I'll take him! Let me call my fiance really quick - maybe he'll keep him for now." He was sooooo sweet and little! No problems... just wanted more love. I can't stand it! I've been talking about him to Brad all day long.

He is a longhaired dapple doxie - he is shaved right now... but so cute! I also found out that the lady who was offering to give him to me was a waitress from my favorite resturant! I want to ask her for him so bad... but I know I can't. I just wanted to vent - because his little needy face is driving me crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Cat

Oh, I feel your pain! It must have been so hard to not just grab him up and tell her you would take him! She obviously doesn't have the time to spend with him that he needs and he needs someone to just love him and pay attention to him. How sad. Can you not have a dog where you live or is there another reason why you couldn't take him? I sure wish you could have taken him, I think you would have made him a wonderful mommy! *hugs*
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Actually, we live in a house that doesn't allow dogs - however... they are going to demolish it before we leave... and the landlord NEVER visits... ever... I really want to ask my parents if I can just take him - of course I need to ask the lady if he is house broken first - and if he has his vacinations... and neautered... and if he has been on heartworm or not.

I could also take him with me almost wherever I go unlike with Hali (which is why I want to get him a friend that wants to play - I'll just have to sit outside more... and endure the heat and cold... but oh well. (You can tell I've put a lot of thought into this right?) Heck... I live at PetSmart (I know... I'm a loser ) He'll be more than welcome there... and we could socialize him all the time.

I'm still thinking about asking... it hurts so bad though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Kitten

People like that really irritates me, "hes not happy but too bad". If people cant give a pet everything it deserves including love, attention and good food, then they really have no business adopting an animal. Humans can be sooo selfish sometimes.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I really tortured myself the other night... staying awake... thinking about him... I've been thinking about him ever since she said something about giving him away.

I just couldn't stand it anymore - and I did the calculations needed to see if I could afford to take care of him and get all the initial items needed... and I did.

I barely got any sleep - but I was very excited - since the little dog was soooo sweet and since I would be helping him out of a potintially cruddy situation... just because the dog is free doesn't mean he is going to get a good home after all.

I went to talk to the lady... and she decided to keep him. I don't even know why either... she says she loves him... and I wouldn't be able to give up my pets either... but she told me herself just the other day that she was just getting sick to death of him... that she wanted to give him away because she felt that she couldn't care for him. Does that mean she'll care for him more now? Or that she'll just keep him until she gets frustraited again? *sigh* Some people...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 11:21 AM
Senior Cat

Poor you. Why not give the lady your details so if she does decide he is too much then she can contact you. What was she getting tired of? Him being a dog?

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Cat

That is so sad!!!! I was so happy to hear you were going to take him, and then to hear that the woman decided not to give him away really stinks! I would definitely leave your name and number with her...she will probably change her mind since it seems she doesn't really care that much for him. Don't feel badly, you did all you could!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Yes, by all means give her your name and number. I'm so sorry you are disappointed, but shycat's right; she might change her mind. Poor puppy...

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I am still so sad that I couldn't have him... after looking at him for only a few min... I just fell in love with him. He was so beautiful and kind... I haven't been able to go back to my resturant since I asked her that day... when the lady comes in to the coffee shop in the morning... I can barely look at her (not that I am mad at her) because it makes me so sad. I guess because I can see him lonely - and being resented for wanting attention.

I guess I wanted him for selfish reasons - I wanted a little bit to take care of and to love me. Cats are lovey dovy - but they love in a different way... I guess that's why I want both cats and dogs - because I love both of them just as much... and they love me differently. I think he would have helped curb my stress too - Hali and Tigs are doing a good job - but they can only purr so much. *sad smile*

I think I'll get over it though... and try to be friendly. If I am nice and give her good tips... and leave her my name and number... maybe she will let me have him when she gets tired of him. He really is such a lovely creature... and deserves all the best. Though... the second she gives him to me... I'm disapearing off the face of the map! She'll never find me again!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
A bit off topic, but I love your new signature. You really do have sophisticated cats!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page