Ants! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via MSN to artemisa
Ants!

This is kind of cat related

Ants are everywhere in my house! You wouldn't see them normally but dare to leave a crumb of food and they all come out. This is normal since I'm in tropical Venezuela, but it's getting so bad I've had to put a little plate of water beneath my kitty's food bowl 'cause they were getting in there. Now today, I found they got into his big bag of expensive food! I stuck the whole thing in the fridge, my mum says the cold will kill them. I'm not about to throw out 2 kg. of cat food.

Anyone have any tricks? I'm going to go and buy somewhere to put the food isntead of the bag. It has that zipper thing which I thought closed it. Obviously not well enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Ant traps, if well hidden and placed near windows and doors, are very effective. That's what works for us.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:16 PM
Cat

I feed my cats Science Diet & Purina, mixed. But I buy the biggest bags because I have 2 grown cats and 4 lil kittens to feed. (I couldn't give them away to homes because I fell in love with them all.)

Well. My cats had a habit of ripping the bags open and eating out of the bag, so I went and bought a giant tupperware box (one of those big storage bins) and mixed the food there. The box has a locking thingie on two sides.

I don't know if it's ant proof, but the cats haven't been able to get it yet!

Maybe you should try it? I got mine for somewhere btwn $5-$10 at Walmart.

Z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22
ants

We put salt by all the doors, like across from one side of the frame to the other, and along the walls in the rooms that the ants seem to be really bad. Luckily we haven't had any ants this year though. The salt really works though. My mom was telling me how ants follow the same trail everywhere and the salt screws with there sense of direction, it also kills them eventually too

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Cat Addict

I have great solution! We use a GREAT prduct called Terro. It is completely non-toxic...you could eat it and not get sick (so it is safe for kitties, too). It work better than ANYTHING we have ever tried.....ANYTHING. It is very inexpensive and can be bought at most hardware stores......we have HORENDOUS ant problems here, but now we do not even have one single ant, eveb near the pet food. I HIGHLY reccomend it.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Cat Addict

Here is a link to the Terro website:

http://www.terro.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page