good and bad products - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-03-2004, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Cat

good and bad products

This is inspired by the miserable failure of foaming Liquid Plumber. You're supposed to dump the whole bottle down the drain. The problem is that the stuff foams as soon as it hits the drain so hardly any will go down and it ends up not getting to where it needs to be. Also, it's hard to clean out because when I try to rinse it, it keeps foaming and since it didn't clean the pipes, it takes a long time for it to drain away.

A good product I just bought was the "One Sweep". I only have a hand vacuum and a junky upright. There's this one rug that's crammed with cat fur and neither vacuum makes much of a dent. I tried the one sweep and it got it almost completely clean! There's also a squeegee side for smooth areas. It would probably be quite tedious to try to do a whole room, but for those with "problem areas" or don't have extra money for a vacuum, this is a great product. It was about $10 + shipping. I suggest you buy it on ebay though - the company I got it from royally rips you off on shipping - I think it's because that way if you try to return it they still make quite a bit of profit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 02:21 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22
plumber

Could you fit like the nozzle down the drain, like stick it in? Maybe you have to do that But still even if you did they should be more specific and give pictures!!!

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Cat

I ended up buying Drano Max gel and that finally cleared out the drain. The other thing about that foaming Liquid Plumber was that I was always worried about the cats getting into the bathroom and drinking the standing water. I kept the doors shut, but whenever a door is shut that's when the cats most want to sneak in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page