I feel like I won the lottery! :-) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
I feel like I won the lottery! :-)

Yestersday the real-estate agent came to look at our condo apartment and put a price on it when we're going to sell it (we're buying a house, remember).

OK, I knew that the prices of the apartments in town had risen and gone up pretty much since we bought ours. And that we got ours for a good deal. But I had NO IDEA that the prices had gone up so much that we will make a great profit on the apartment!

Swedish currency might be "toy money" to you, since you don't know the value of it, but just let me give you some numbers and you can do the math.

We bought the place for 245' and it'll be put out on the market for 675'. AND, a similar place was sold for 785' some week ago and was put out on the market for 650'.

I don't want to hope too much for a bidding war, that will raise the price even more, but *if* it happens, then if the apartment is sold for 735' it would have trippled the value in 6.5 years.

It feels like I've won on the lottery for sure!

Part of the advance we'll make will go into the new house, to keep the loans on it down, but parts of it will go into the house in more fun ways. Like doing some fixes to lower the energy costs AND I will FINALLY get my SPA... I have dreamt about that for ages, to have a jacuzzi to deal with my sore back muscles. And now it can happen!

We're talking about making the room outside the sauna to a Spa, where we will make it real cozy and have a big jacuzzi that can fit 4 people, make some nice lighting and things like that. Plus have a real massage table in the room, so we can give eachother real massages (without the one giving the massage breaking the back doing so).

WHOOO HOOOO!!! *dances around*

On october 12th the real-estate agent is going to have the first showing of the place, so I hope we'll get a good crowd coming and lots of interested parties to give some bids. KEEP FINGERS CROSSED!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
My goodess!! Sounds like you guys might strike it rich

Congrats on the new house and the wonderful way it has turned out selling your old place.

I hope there IS a bidding war... between lots and lots of people!! Keep us updated!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Cat Addict

Congratulations! What great news and perfect timing to hear it!

I hope you turn an excellent profit on your condo and are able to get many "extras" at the new house. You deserve it!

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Senior Cat

Thats awesome!! Make sure you either have somthing baking like apple pies or brownies or have an air freshener that smells like that. My mother is a real estate agent and she says that if the house smells like brownies/cookies/apple pie, it sells four times faster because people associate the smells with their childhood.

Your housing market sounds a lot like Reno, the paper published the median amounts houses were sold for each month this past year, it started at 195,000....and went to 325,000, in under 10 months! Its gotten so bad they say its totally priced out first time home buyers, and people who want to move up into bigger better homes cant afford to either, even though the house they bought for 200,000 four years ago is now worth 600,000.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 01:19 PM
Cat Addict

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you, big cyber-sister!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 05:00 PM
Senior Cat

Great news! Real estate is like the lottery!

~R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 05:31 PM
Cool Cat

That's great! Now, what about the prices of the houses, have those risen as well? WOW... i wish i would've won a real-estate lottery!!!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
Thanks everyone!!!

Yes the houses in this town has risen too. To where we're moving, the prices are slowly rising, but not as crazy as here, where I live now. So it's crazy that we pay 850' for the house and sell an apartment that so much smaller for almost the same amounts.

If the house we're buying were in this town, we would have to pay about 1.6 million, or more. If you calculate the same distance to the down town area and size, it might be even more. Amazing!

So, maybe we'll get lucky the day we have to sell the house too... who knows.

My mom said I should invest in real-estate, since I seem to have a nack for it. But I don't know, it was more luck than anything.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I'm so happy for you, Petra! You know, over here, the owners set a price, and everyone offers less than the owners ask. I gather that in Sweden you set a minimum and then people bid more? And the highest bid gets the house? Or am I misunderstanding? I do hope you get your spa. Ahhhhh, what luxury!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Senior Cat

Good for you, Petra! Here in the States we always joked about investing in land, diamonds and Corvettes (not necessarily in that order! )

It is pretty hard to own a home and lose. But I am with Jeanie, it sounds so foreign to hear the way prices bid up. We go the exact opposite direction. I once purchaed a home after a flurry of offers and counter-offers. It got so frantic that ~I~ ended up loaning the previous owner enough money to clear his mortgage so we would have a deed at closing.

Jeanie, your house is priced far too cheap at 300K, let me offer you 350K instead... (That sound in the background is my banker, laughing his hindquarters off!)

Peace,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page