That show with the redhaired judge lady... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

That show with the redhaired judge lady...

Ok so I never watch those Peoples Court thingys, but I was over at Patricks mothers house and she is addicted to trash TV hehe. So on comes a case about a guy who is suing his neighbor because his neighbors dog got his purebred rottweiller pregnant, he thinks.

Apparently the guy breeds his female and male purebred Rottweillers, which doesn't seem bad right? He keeps went to work and his sister let the dogs into their fenced in backyard to go play/potty. Nothing wrong with that either. Well the sister hears a commotion outside, calls the dogs, and only the male comes. She goes outside to find the neighbors dog humping the female rotty. Doh! She calls her brother and he comes racing home from work, takes the female dog to the vets, vet said he can't tell yet if the dog is pregnant or not. So while hes there he decided to get the dog her shots, and have her spayed. So he's suing the owner of the other dog for $2000 because he had lost the money from not having purebred puppies, and for the cost of the spay, AND for the vaccinations.

The neighbor admits his dog got out of his fenced yard, he also admits his dog has been escaping a lot in the past 5 years. "At least 100 times" he said.

The judge ruled in favor of the defendant since the purebreds owner couldn't prove the dog had 1. been impregnated to begin with, 2. been impregnated by the neighbors dog.

Now I know its been said that some of these mock court shows are fake, and I certainly hope they are. Because both of those parties were terrible animal owners! The breeder who obviously only cared about the money and didn't give a flying hoot for his dogs other than what he could gain financially from them, and the stupid dog owner that knew there was a hole in his fence, knew his dog regularly escaped, and yet did nothing to fix it!! ARGH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I think the shows started with real people and have gradually become more "jerry springer"ized.

Assuming these are real people... they're all stupid. Lets hypothetically say the Rot did become pregnant. I can see maybe wanting payment for the bills he would have had because of the pregnancy, and maybe make the other guy responsible for finding them homes?

I don't understand why he had the dog spayed. Even if she was pregnant, so she'd have a mixed litter... Would she be so "tainted" after that so she could never have healthy Rots again??

I guess its for the best since he's obviously not a responsible breeder. They should have at least made the neighbor neuter his animal

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I like Judge Milian! I think she's bright and has a good sense of humor. No breeder lets a female in heat wander around alone, not even in a fenced in yard! And the other owner should have kept his dog confined. They were both wrong. Rather than have a show quality female spayed, she could have had the pups. That was ridiculous. My guess is the owners were going to spay her anyway, and thought they'd get someone else to pay for it. I don't believe in "the day after" pill for human beings, but my guess is that there is a similar treatment for dogs.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page