I need to vent about my poor cats! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I need to vent about my poor cats!

I know this is totally cat related - but my dad and mother yelled at me - so I decided to put it here instead.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before - but my cat's things... all of them... are in my room... Halifax's litter box... is RIGHT next to my bed... so if he takes a poo or pees - I know! And if my door is shut... my room is so small that it's really easy to stink up for a while. I normally try to cover it and light a stick of incense...

I change out his litter every other day if not every day... both my mother and father have walked in after he has taken a poop and said "God it stinks in here" Well noooooo duh! I tell them each and everytime that's because he just pooped... I can't help it! It's not their room anyway - and they don't have to live with the smell. Also - when I am sleeping and they walk in... I don't have time to cover up the smell or anything... how am I supposed to fix that?

My father just... JUST yelled at me for how badly it smelled in there - and of course... Hali just pooped...

YET! He has let Tigger's litter box get so full it doesn't look like there is litter anymore... I can SMELL it from two rooms away... and it doesn't go away because he doesn't empy it but every other MONTH! I've asked him to get me a scoop for his litter box and I would take care of him... yet any time I want to try and help with him both he and my mother get seriously offended!

I've tried offering feeding him better food so he won't be so fat... and they get all irritated and walk the other way. I've tried talking to them about letting me take him to the vet... oh God forbid!

On top of that... I have to be careful about my cans of Wellness now - I have to hide them otherwise they might get tossed out or left out - and they are too expensive to be wasted! When I mention feeding Tigger that kind of food they tell me... "oh gross... it stinks so bad... I don't know how you feed it to them!" O_o *eye twitch* On top of that my father says "Cat's just don't do well on wet cat food" or "Your cat's a wuss for not being able to handle dry cat food"

I could talk about the times he has told me about how I should let him outside... or that he might get sickly if he doesn't get to eat grass and will be a wuss if he doesn't get in a couple fights... oh of course... that'll be the BEST thing for my cat...

I can't wait to get my new kitten - Hali and him can play in my room while I am gone during the day... and then I can lock my door so they won't be bothered with smells and foods and such... *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Sorry about the difficult parents. Don't really no any advice to give you, but hang in there!

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 10:42 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via MSN to Javern
why dont you ask for one of them whole room deodorizers. I see them at wal mart. They plug in and have a fan and a filter, usualy used for smokers but may help with cats. Also could add ARM&hAMMER LITTER BOX powder to litter box, or get a covered litter box with charcoal filters

"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."
- George Mikes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I think I'll look into that thing for smokers... maybe a plug-in would be nice... as long as he didn't pry it off the wall and eat it... I'll get one and see how he does with it. I don't know about changing his litter though - it takes the smell away very quickly - it's just that they walk in at the worst times possible - just after the deed - so it will smell for at least a couple min if he doesn't cover it up right away.

Does having a covered catbox help with smell?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 10:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I know how you feel about your cat living in your room. Mine does too. And just like you, everyone walks in right after the cat goes so it smells... then they think I just live in this room full of cat poo or something.

Some people are just set in their ways. Next time they come in and yell about the smell, just tell them you were trying to cover up the smell of the OTHER litter box

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to Manda-chan
Covered cat boxes help with the smell SOOO much! If it's in a small room, Definatly get one! I had mine in my room and i had to get one because it blocks the odor better, and keeps the litter inside of the cat pan (mine love flinging the stuff around). I use the deoderizer that you pour in the litter to help nuetralize poop/pee smells, also, if they use it you can sprinkle it in there after to help the smell.

Parents can be so cranky sometimes. I have a feeling i'm bout to have some of the same problems, i'm moving back hom to a room over my parents garage (it's kinda out of the way of the house, thank god).

Amanda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sig by ForJazz
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
We got one of those plug in things and put it in the "cat room" somehow it broke, and was leaking. We took it off and put it on the window ledge just for a minute, and then picked it up and it had stripped all the paint of the window sill. Am now looking for a "pet safe" one.

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page