Yummmmmmyyyy - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Yummmmmmyyyy

So I was feeling kinda bummed today and Patrick (bless his heart) decided I was not allowed to be bummed and mope around. So first he took me out shopping (LOVE shopping!) He offered to buy me lots of stuff but all I really wanted was some scented candles since i'm out so we got four huge ones hehe.

We were hungry by then so we tried stopping at a restaaunt but it was closing in ten minutes, so we drove down the road farther and decided to hit the next place we saw. Which turned out to be Chevy's. I'd never been there before as i'm an East Coast gal and I wasn't in the mood for tex-mex but I resigned myself to it anyways. I ordered the wierdest looking thing on the menu, a chicken with brie cheese, pinapple-mango salsa, peppery pineapple sauce, green apple, and parmesan crusted quesadilla. Figuring I prolly wouldnt like it but being in the mood for nothing else on the menu I tried it...WOW!!! It was absolutely heavenly! The perfect mix of all sorts of flavors totally complimenting each other! I am in LOVE with this dish, my new goal in life is to figure out how to perfectly reproduce it in my own kitchen. So since we had basicly ordered just two appetizers (the quesadilla and some tequita's) we ordered dessert, another heavenly dish even I know is beyond my cooking skills to reproduce. It was bananas rolling in coconut and pecans, then wrapped in a tortilla and fried, then placed on a plate with dulce de leche ice cream, chcocolate sauce, and caramel sauce, with whipped cream on top and a strawberry on the side........this is officially my new favorite place to eat!!!

After we left Patrick saw the big grin on my face and was satisfied he had done a good job at cheering me up, he had of course. *sigh* I love that man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
I think we have a Chevys here in NZ.

Boy that sounds delicious- glad you got treated to a special meal.

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Cat Addict

My boyfriend's brother always takes us to Chevy's when we are in Kansas City. Yummy!

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
Never heard of Chevy's out here in New York, but sounds very yummy! (other than the pecans... I hate nuts!!)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 11:23 AM
MA
Senior Cat

Gonna have to try that. I like interesting dishes. There's a Chevy's in every 10 mile radius here in Northern California.

BOKAHA
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA
Gonna have to try that. I like interesting dishes. There's a Chevy's in every 10 mile radius here in Northern California.
Same here in So. Cal. Your description of the food made me really, really hungry. Of course I haven't had a decent meal today and it's almost dinner time! If there's any other food you'd like to describe feel free, you do a very good job

~R

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Cat

WOW!!!!! I'm not sure which I am impressed more by....the awesome food you described or the awesome man who did not want you to be bummed out and took you shopping!!!! I wish I knew a man like that!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 01:46 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
awww, what a sweetie! sounds like a great meal, too.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page