Costume ideas - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
Costume ideas

I work with seniors at a group day program, and the staff has to dress up for Halloween. I have NO idea what to be. Does anyone have any easy yet creative ideas? I don't have a ton of money to spend on buying lots of things for it, and I dont' have a sewing machine! Anyone have any suggestions?

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
I don't know what kind of a costume you are looking for, but Madison is THE place to be for Halloween. It seems like the whole town dresses up in the most creative costumes I've ever seen. On State Street, which is a carless street kind of like the Promenade in Santa Monica, everyone shows off, the street is packed with people and the bars all have lines a block long. So excuse me if some of my ideas are a bit weird...

Pac-man. Some people made huge cardboard replicas of pac-man and the little ghosts last year. They were a huge hit. And it looked like all they used were big pieces of cardboard and paint. Pac-man was made by cutting out two huge circles, (with a mouth cut out of course) and then connecting them in the middle with some flexible cardboard. The person went inside and cut arm holes through the two circles on either side of his body. Then of course, painted it yellow with a little black eye. The idea with this costume is that you have to have the whole clan of pac-man and ghosts for this to be effective.

Mario Kart. Same idea -- lots of people made little cars to wear around their waists and hold up with suspenders, and then they dressed up like Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, the Princess, etc. All you'd really need to buy are some shirts and white overalls at Goodwill or a Paint store or something. You could make the cars out of cardboard.

Monty Python. Don't know if you've seen the movie, but if you have this is a hilarious idea. I saw two boys last year who did this. One dressed up in a cloak with some fake armor and a wig he probably bought at a cheap costume shop, and of course he pranced around like he was on an invisible horse. Then another boy trailed behind him, also dressed in a cloak and looking rather unimportant, his job was to clap 2 coconut shells together to sound like a horse going "clip-clop, clip-clop." Just like in the movie -- very funny.

A bicycle. Take apart an old bike or trike or whatever you can find, and have two people all dress in the same color as the bike, one with the front wheel, one with the back wheel, maybe held on by suspenders or something. Then of course put the pedals between you, and the front person would have to attach the handlebars to them. lol.

Robert Palmer and his girls. All you'd need to be one of the girls is a little black dress and some hair gel to slick your hair back. Enough said. lol Although this one might not be quite the seniors' style.

I just suggested those group ideas because you said you would be dressing up with your co-workers. If you're looking for individual ones, I think that movie characters make good ones, although they can be hard to put together if you want to be recognizeable.

I was thinking of going as Uma Thurman from Pulp Fiction. All I will need is a button down white shirt, some black pants, a black wig, fake blood, and a little plastic syringe. If you've seen the movie you can probably decipher what scene I'm talking about, I won't go into any more detail. Again -- this one might not be great to do in front of the seniors.

Ace Ventura might be funny -- you'd just need a Hawaiian shirt, some combat boots, and lots of hair gel.

Crocodile Hunter? Goodwill often sells old boy scout uniforms that could pass as safari clothes.

Inatimate objects are always funny. You could go as a sleeping bag, a tent, (children's size) or a shower.

The tooth fairy? You could use an old prom dress, or get one at a resale store, and then perhaps use some makeup to black out several of your teeth, and hang fake ones all over your dress with dental floss?

I know I'm weird....
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

For jazz - Those are cool ideas......did you know I'm a girl?? Hahahaha. Those seem like boy costumes! But very creative nonetheless!

Edit: Boy costumes except for the tooth fairy! Hahahaha, that is a GREAT idea for seniors actually! I will consider that!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Ashdyre
You should dress up like some sort of cat so you can enter CatLover and I's costume contest! *selfless promotion* LOL.

And yeah, those are awesome ideas ForJazz, i'll have to copy those down!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 08:30 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleke
For jazz - Those are cool ideas......did you know I'm a girl?? Hahahaha. Those seem like boy costumes! But very creative nonetheless!

Edit: Boy costumes except for the tooth fairy! Hahahaha, that is a GREAT idea for seniors actually! I will consider that!
Lots of those were unisex! lol! I *do* know that you are a girl, as made obvious by my Robert Palmer girl suggestion (haha) -- but I guess I am sick of seeing every single girl on Halloween dressed as "sexy nurse," "sexy devil," "sexy (insert anything at all)." I think they are getting really boring and predictable -- I like the creative ones. I guess even though some of those are boy costumes, I would wear them -- and Halloween is a time to dress crazy, so what the heck! I went as a lumberjack last year. The group ones are almost all for either gender though. Glad you like the tooth fairy idea -- perhaps the old folks would get a few giggles out of it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I think the tooth fairy is it. My boyfriend suggested the Grim Reaper....yeah that wouldn't go over too well! Yikes! He's such a bum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page