Hah!Added pics of the tank stop begging :D(more pics) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Hah!Added pics of the tank stop begging :D(more pics)

I have 2 dwarf puffers and a couple ghost shrimp in my tank. At first the puffers would eat the ghost shrimp all the time so i'd just keep replacing them, finally they stopped messing with them and they live in relative peace. Until today. I fed them their usual bloodworms and they missed a few that fell to the botom where the ghost shrimp happily ran over and started munching them. The puffers finished all the rest and kept looking around for more (puffers are pigs when it comes to eating) Well one puffer spotted the ghost shrimp and started for it. I thought "Oh great another trip to the petstore coming up" but then the puffer did the funniest thing! It didn't try to eat the ghost shrimp....it stole the ghost shrimps food! When it finished it chased another ghost shrimp around the tank until the ghost shrimp got backed up into a corner and stole her food too! I had tears coming down my face it was so funny!

(ghost shrimp are typicly used as feeder fish for puffers and other fish but they do a good job of cleaning up the leftover food and waste on the tank as well)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 02:52 AM
Cat

That is funny!!!! I don't know much about fish, do you have any pictures of a puffer fish or the ghost shrimp? I kinda feel sorry for the poor ghost shrimp who are usually just the puffer food. But then I know that is probably just the way that it is... it isn't meant to be cruel. I would really like to see pics of them though,,,you have peaked my curiousity!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Yes! And I want to see your new tank, too.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Senior Cat

It's funny, I'm hoping for a pic and keep finding new posts of your adventures!

~R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

You guys are voracious! Ok here ya go:

The whole tank (which I could just barely take a pic of)

The left side of the tank:

The middle of the tank(if you look at the top you can see one of the sharks swimming by)

The right side of the tank where you can see both sharks up top:

close-up of the large rock in the center, I as trying to get a pic of the sharks on their backs but they swam too fast:

I need to get more rocks and plants, but gotta wait til monday when paycheck comes in, we blew a wad of cash this past week I think i'm going to paint the stand and top black, the oak just isn't my style.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
aweseome! I love sharks!

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
Awwww it's a beautiful tank! I LOVE sandy bottoms. Is it hard to keep clean with sand? I would love to try it one day. Are those live plants you have there? I have a rainbow shark in one of my tanks, I have had him for 8 years!

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, my! Please don't paint wood! Wood is so beautiful. You could sand and stain it mahogany or cherry, but please don't paint it! Ohhhhh, I think I'm going to faint.....

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Oh, my! Please don't paint wood! Wood is so beautiful. You could sand and stain it mahogany or cherry, but please don't paint it! Ohhhhh, I think I'm going to faint.....
I'm the same way about real wood as well.

That is a beautiful tank and you got a great deal!!!!

~R

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Its a mix of live plants and fake. Theres only a few varieties of plants that will survive living in brackish aquariums so I interspersed them with fake to add more variety. I just got back from picking up some wisteria (nothing short of a nuclear holocaust will kill wisteria apparently) I still need to find somewhere that has jungle val for sale, thats supposed to grow really well in brackish as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page