My hedgehogs (pictures included!) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

My hedgehogs (pictures included!)

My beautiful Candy!

As you can see - a very nice looking hoglet. She also have the best disposition! She scored a 1 on the Pogstar temperment test - the very highest percent! Here is what they have to say:

Quote:
Excellent (A score of one):

This, quite honestly, is the best you can get. An animal with this score is always glad to see you, willing to unroll, and eager to explore, even in an unfamiliar environment. There is very little that can get an animal of this temperament to truly ball or raise it’s quills, but they will occasionally try to briefly pretend to be fierce with a bit of a huff and a half hearted raising of their quills for a second or so. An animal with this score makes a wonderful pet in any situation, including as a classroom visitor or pet to be shared with a small child (always with adult help!) and is likely to also excel on the show table if given the chance. Unfortunately this temperament is not as common as we could hope, but we are working to change that.

One of her few moments of huffing and quills out - she looks so cute when she does this - but since she quilled last I haven't seen this face too much.

Here is my Candy next to my shoe - this is quite rare for some hedgehogs - which would be in a ball rather than explore - she is such a good girl!

Here is my other piglet - Luna

As you can tell she is very lovely - but her temperment leave much to be desired - I think this is just one of the few pics or times she isn't quilling the heck out of who-ever's holding her.

Again, my lovely Luna in my arms.

Hope you love them as much as I do. ^_^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 06:58 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Awww, how sweet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 08:14 PM
Tom Cat

I've always loved hedgehogs. How are the kitties adjusting to their new siblings?

Chrystal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Compliments of ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_kisses
I've always loved hedgehogs. How are the kitties adjusting to their new siblings?
Actually, I would ask how the hedgehogs are adjusting to THEIR new siblings. I've had these babies for over a year now - and my kitties are quite new (except for Tigger of course).

Halifax tried to pounce on Candy... >_< I didn't realize my brother had them out. Their quills are litterally like needles - and they can stick you if they want to. Candy never balled though - amazingly enough - but then again - I caught Hali before he could do anything stupid.

The kitties stayed out of the room while the little hoglets were out - but now they are over at Brad's house - so they can be looked after - and away from my brothers. I still get to visit them though.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
How sweet. We get dark colored hedgehogs round our property here in NZ.

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:39 PM
Cat Addict

They are adorable.....are they hard to care for, or is it similar to other small animals (hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.)?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Senior Cat

I didn't realise you could keep hedgehogs as pets. Very cute.

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Cat Addict

They are very cute! How old are they? And are they going to be friends with your kitties or live in a different area?

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianthe
They are adorable.....are they hard to care for, or is it similar to other small animals (hamsters, guinea pigs, etc.)?
I would say that they might be like a rabbit as far as love goes - you don't want to keep them in their cages forever but you can't let them run free of course - since they are so small and could get hurt easily by someone's foot or a door opening.

They love attention - such as petting (but not around their faces or the top of their heads) - and they will use you are their personal jungle gym.

As far as care - they aren't too hard to manage - you have to clean their cages - scrub their wheels since they poop on them. When you give them a bath you have to scrub them with a tooth brush and you have to clip their nails - unless they bite them off by themselves. Luna and Moonsan (not shown) have mastered this - somewhere along the line Candy never learned!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana
They are very cute! How old are they? And are they going to be friends with your kitties or live in a different area?
I'm not so sure if I want them to play with the hedgies or not...

Tigger peed on Candy once... Go figure...

Hali tried to eat them! >_<

I keep them away from the hedgie cages - their weird cat-ness seems to make the piggies worry and hide under their blankets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page