Does anyone have a good baby shower game? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Does anyone have a good baby shower game?

I need some ideas. I only have a week left!
I have wrapped 10 prizes, but do not have games to go with them.
I know of the game when as everyone arrives, she receives a clothes pin to wear on her shirt. You cannot say the word "BABY". If you do, you lose your pin. The one with the most pins wins.

Whatcha think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Cat

Re: Does anyone have a good baby shower game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkmom64
I need some ideas. I only have a week left!
I have wrapped 10 prizes, but do not have games to go with them.
I know of the game when as everyone arrives, she receives a clothes pin to wear on her shirt. You cannot say the word "BABY". If you do, you lose your pin. The one with the most pins wins.

Whatcha think?
I was just at a baby shower not long ago. They had the same idea only it was you couldn't cross your legs/arms. If you did you'd lose a pin. They also had an unscramble thing of things babies need. And a tray with stuff on it, you saw it for 3 minutes they took it away and you had to write down as many things as you could remember.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Cat

This will sound gross but I have been to so many showers lately, and I think it's funny now... melt different candy bars and smear them onto diapers....then they would have to guess which candy bar is which on the diapers. (melt a twix and smear it on diaper 1 - then melt a hershy bar and smear it on diaper 2....etc)

And another one is freezing little plastic favors (pacifier, babies, baby pins etc) in an ice tray and the person who can melt theirs first get something

Oh, and pile together most of your baby supplies and then ask people to guess how much they all cost, and the closest to that wins...

hope that helps!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Courtesy of ForJazz -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We All Have A Photographic Memory, Some Just Forget The Film....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Oh, these are great!

Keep 'em coming!

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlite
This will sound gross but I have been to so many showers lately, and I think it's funny now... melt different candy bars and smear them onto diapers....then they would have to guess which candy bar is which on the diapers. (melt a twix and smear it on diaper 1 - then melt a hershy bar and smear it on diaper 2....etc)
that is so gross it sounds great!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to spittles Send a message via MSN to spittles
We did that "baby" one at my cousin's baby shower...only it was a bit different.

Everyone got a necklace with a pacifier on it....if they said the word "cute" while opening presents, it was taken away and given to the person who caught them saying it

We also had a game where each person got a paper that had adult animals names...then the person would have to write down the same animal, but the name as a baby. (i.e. Cow and calf)
There was one animal, an "eel" and a baby eel is called and "elver" Nobody got that one...
Anyway, person who got the most right won.

Take Care,
Abhay

PLEASE SPAY/NEUTER YOUR PET

- click once a day and feed an animal!!!

- click once a day and help save an endangered animal!!!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlite
I know of one similar to this but somewhat different. I was at a baby shower where the hostess put different spices inside different diapers, numbered them, and you had to guess which spice was in the diaper. Whoever got the most right won!

Some suggestions for spices would be cumin (used in Mexican food), dried mustard (stinks AWFUL!), oregano, thyme, chili powder.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 02:22 PM
Cat Addict

Oh, you caught me at the right time. We have 5 pregnant friends right now!

Here are some ideas:

1. What is Baby Eating?
Give each attendee a sheet of paper and a pencil. Pass around unlabeled jars of baby food with numbers written on the lids. The players pass around the jars, sniffing and/or trying to guess the type of food, writing their answers down. The one who guesses the most foods correctly wins.
This game is especially fun if it is a couple's baby shower. Boys do not like to try baby food! lol

2. Baby Bag Mystery
Take about five baby items and place in a paper bag. Staple the bags shut and number them. Pass out paper and pencil to the guests. Then pass the bags around and have them right down their answers. After all have finished the one who gets the most right wins. Get some easy items like diaper pins, pacifiers, rattles, and a few harder items like bow holders for the babies shoes; a fingernail clippers.

3. Baby Word Scramble
Make a list of twenty words all dealing with pregnancy such as bottle, diapers, crib, stroller, etc. Give every guest a time limit to unscramble the words.

4. Celebrity Babies
Each guest is given a list of celebrity moms on the left, and a list of names on the right. Match the celebrity mom to the name of her baby/child. Ex: Madonna would by matched to Lourdes. Names of celebrities and their children could be found online.

5. Guess the Nursery Rhymes
List partial lines of nursery rhymes and have the guest guess the title of the nursery rhyme. Go to http://4partyfavors.com/nursery_rhymes.htm for a complete list.
Example: The dish ran away with the spoon. Answer: Hey Diddle Diddle
The game gets actually really hard.

6. Motherly Advise
Upon arriving, each guest is given an index card and is to write a question a new mother would ask (example: How can I stop my baby from crying?) Then during the shower these same cards are passed back out to the guests only face down so questions can not be seen by anyone. Guests are to write the answer to the question on the back that they placed on their card from the beginning. Then someone can read question from the front and then answer on the back. These cards can go to the expecting mom at the end of the shower.

Tina

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 02:47 PM
Cool Cat

I did the baby food one at my sister in law's baby shower. I knew the people would not actually taste the baby food (that would have been more fun!) so I just covered the labels and they had to guess what kind of baby food it was. It was actually pretty hard because you can get several varying shades of peach colored stuff (apple, pears), orange colored (sweet potato, carrots) and green colored (peas, green beans).

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to jonsgirl
My faves:

1- Rice and Pins

Need: 1- bowl, some rice, and some tiny safety pins

Take a bowl of rice and put a bunch of safety pins in it. The small ones, not the diaper kind. Without looking at the bowl, each person has to use their thumb and forefinger and get as many pins as they can in 5 pinches. You can go up to each person and just tell them to look away, and get 5 pinches of rice/pins. Its so hard to feel the small pins in the rice that no one will be able to tell what they are grabbing. Whoever had the most pins wins.

2-Cotton Balls

Need: 1-bowl, cotton balls, a big spoon, and a paper plate.

Take a bowl and fill it with cotton balls. Blindfold your victim and have them sit in a chair. Put a paper plate in their lap. Put the spoon in one of their hands and let them hold the bowl with the cotton balls in the other hand. Have them hold the bowl over their head and scoop as many cotton balls out of the bowl and into the paper plate on their lap as they can in 5 tries. The cotton balls are so light that they cant feel them in the spoon and it's hilarious watching them get a spoonful of nothing. lol. Whoever has the most cotton balls wins.

3-Belly Measuring

Need: A roll of Toilet paper and the mom-to be

Have each guest tear off as much toilet paper as they think will wrap around the pregnant mommy's belly without overlapping. Whoever comes closest wins. Obviously this will not work if the baby was already born. haha.

4-Bottle Chugging

Need: Baby bottles and something drinkable to put in them

Fill each bottle with the same amount of drinkable liquid. Count to three and see who can chug their drink the fastest. No biting holes in the plastic to make the hole bigger!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page