Got plans for Halloween? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Got plans for Halloween?

Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I just love seeing the little kids all dressed up. Then there's the whole candy factor.

I was considering going to a concert on halloween, but I don't think that'll work out now. It's over 2 hours away and I have to work the next day. I'm getting old. So I guess I'll be passing out candy to the kids in my apartment building that night.

How about you? Got any fun plans for halloween?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Got plans? YEP! FUN plans? no... I'm working all weekend.

Its not really that bad, just like 5 hours on saturday and like 3 1/2 on sunday, but still.

I LOVE Halloween too! I was watching the Travel Channel last night and they were doing I think Universal's Halloween night... it looks like so much fun! Even when I lived in Florida I always wanted to go to one of the theme parks for "fright night" and never did. I'll have to make a point of it next year!!

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Cat Addict

I am watching the NASCAR race and handing out candy! I'm so glad I don't have to work this year so I can be home to see the kids.

One thing I'm worried about, though, is that it's on a Sunday this year. Will the kids still come out or will their parents try to bring them out Saturday night instead? We have a home football game Saturday night against Texas Tech. Not a chance I'll miss the game, but I don't want to miss the kids!

What do you guys think? Will them come early?

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Do you have problems where you live with Halloween being on a Sunday? I grew up in Florida, and it never really mattered much, but I think one of the first years I was living in South Carolina (Bible Belt, USA) it fell on a Sunday and there was a HUGE ordeal about how sinful it was to celebrate Halloween on a Sunday. If I remember correctly they had everyone go out on Saturday night, but I'm not sure about that.

I don't think I've heard anything about it yet this year... but I'm sure they'll be something said in the next week if they're going to try to do it again. I think its silly because very few people think of Halloween as it was meant to be years and years ago. Now its just time to dress up and get candy. I don't see anything wrong with doing that any day of the week

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I think there will be problems since Halloween is on a Sunday this year. In my area, they usually have trick or treat on a day other than Halloween. The city coordinates it through the neighborhoods so people this time of year go around saying, "Halloween is on Thursday on my block." My guess is that we'll have it on the 30th this year.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Cat Addict

I don't think it's a religious problem here; I was just thinking of the parents who might find it easier to have kids out on a Saturday rather than on a school night.

The whole town really gets into college football, though, so hopefully those who don't go to the game or watch it on TV will be smart enough to wait until Sunday when everyone is home.

If not, the trick-or-treating will be bleak for the little ones!

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
For Halloween, we're having a Halloween Party and dressing up of course!

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Cat Addict

Brandon and I have not discussed Halloween at this point. I really have no idea what we would do. If we pass out candy (at my place, or his, or each of us at our own *shrug*) I'm going to have to find a way to dress up Scotty. I don't really have any costume ideas for myself, or Scotty at this point either.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Got plans for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annissa
Halloween is probably my favorite holiday. I just love seeing the little kids all dressed up. Then there's the whole candy factor.
Mine too Annissa - I am in love with the whole atmosphere. We don't celebrate it in Romania but now that I am living in the USA I am taking advantage of it.
I love autumn altogether - the straw in all sort of decorations or scarecrows, the pumpkins ..the outfits, the punch of warm colors in the outdoors as well - it seems to be as if we were living a fairy tale.
I always want to be a Witch on Halloween - but don't worry I am a good one and grant all the good wishes

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Re: Got plans for Halloween?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioana
We don't celebrate it in Romania *snip*
That actually surprised me! I guess it's because most spooky stories seem to originate from in and around Romania.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page