Memorable Movie Moments! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Memorable Movie Moments!

"E" is on in the background, and that's what made me think of this. There are classic moments in the movies. I'll give the easy ones! Please add yours.

The moment Dorothy opened the door to Munchkinland, and everything was magical and colorful! (The Wizard of Oz)

Rhett Butler carrying Scarlett up the stairs in Gone With the Wind.

Robert DeNiro looking in the mirror, "Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to ME? Are you TALKING to me?" (Taxi Driver)

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Cat Addict

There are multiple ones from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The witch scene.

Bring out your dead.

We're knights of the round table.

The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Tom Cat

You'll all get another glimpse into my nerdish leanings, but here it is: I was in the movie theater for the midnight showing of the re-release of Star Wars A New Hope (the very first one) a few years back. The place was PACKED, and when that big, first note sounded as the words "Star Wars" appeared on the screen, the entire audience burst into cheers and applause. So it was partly what was on screen, and partly the audience reaction, but who doesn't remember that moment in those films.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That reminded me of the Star Trek movie. The audience cheered when the Enterprise appeared on the screen!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Tom Cat

When we went to the re-release of Grease a few years ago, it was like being at Rocky Horror (not that I EVER went). The audience was reciting the movie and doing the same dance moves as the actors. What a scream!

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Cat Addict

1)I love the scene when FORRST GUMP starts dancing with the love of his life, Jenny - his movements are happy and free (style ). The music is also appropriate - Lynard Skynard's Sweet Home Alabama (he has Jenny with him - that is home). A big plus to the strategy that director puts into play in getting the camera (=our own eye) to step back so we can see it from the window. As if we could take a peak and taste out of Forrest's happiness. But I guess that is subjective since each of us may see it in their own way.

2)In the movie ARIZONA DREAM, the young lady, played by the amazing Lilly Taylor, has a peculiarity in the way she behaves : she sniffs her nose and plays the accordion in a very unique way! Her charm cannot be translated into words - it is one of the keys that brings about the complexity of the movie.

3)I am in awe each time I see the movie LA VITA E BELLA (LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL) at how witty and extraordinarily rafined the plot is. IN each moment of the movie there is something that I can call memorable. I practically know most of the lines by heart (I fell in love with Italian ever since I saw THIS movie - I say the lines out loud in Italian when I watch it).
However my favorite parts of the movie are when the little boy comes into the scene. The way he talks, moves - it is right to the letter, as if he were this little jew boy during the Holocaust(as far as the little boy's acting goes)! It is more than heartbreaking in the end of the movie when, after having ridden the American Tank, he yells full of happiness "Abbiamo Vinto". "We have won" is what it means ..but he is not aware of the price his family had to pay ..nor of how *the game* was craftily led by his father so he was never aware of the attrocities surrounding them in the concentration camp. He acted very good, obeyed the rules ..so he won the big prize - A HUGE TANK. What a great story!

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 12:57 AM
Cat

Some that I thought of (ones with / means I thought two parts were just as memorable):

"Nobody puts Baby in the corner"/Dance lessons - Dirty Dancing *swoon*
"I am your father" - The Empire Strikes Back
The fake orgasm - When Harry met Sally
The bird pecked out his eyes - The Birds (old Hitchcock movie)
"I am Spartacus!" - Spartacus
First appearance of Frank/people in bed before his death - Donnie Darko
Scar pushing Mufasa over the cliff - The Lion King
Pottery love scene - Ghost
"I could have got one more person, and I didn't" - Schindler's List
Willy jumps over the stone barrier - Free Willy
Meeting the doctor/Hannibal escapes his cage - Silence of the Lambs
Visiting Jenny's grave - Forrest Gump
Mr. Jingles is still alive - The Green Mile
Zombie gaping at camera in the church/"Don't wake up" - 28 Days Later
Opera scene/showing his sores in court - Philadelphia
"All Work and No Play Make Jack A Dull Boy" - The Shining
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 01:56 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Eh, no one said:

"You complete me." - Jerry Maguire

I'm sure I've got more, just gotta think.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Cat Addict

"The pen is blue! The pen is blue! The *^% #[email protected]! pen is blue!"

- Liar Liar

LOL - gets me every time!

Tina

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 10:38 AM
Tom Cat

"It came out of the faucet that way, Unis" -What's Up Doc-

"I told you not to answer the phone", "Then stop calling me!" -Pretty Woman-

Singing in restaraunt 'I Say A Little Prayer For You' -My Best Friend's Wedding-

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page