*whines* I'm sick - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

*whines* I'm sick

Patricks brother Tony gave me the flu. I had suspected it was coming the past two days but just in this past hour it has really hit. I've got terrible chest congestion, my throat is sooo swollen and sore it feels like swallowing knives every time I swallow. And just in the past five minutes i've felt a sinus headache coming on. Joy. All this is made ten times worse by knowing Tony has been sick for a week and its still going with him. The weather is nasty, its cold and rainy, and has been the past few days. All I want is a hot cup of chicken noodle soup and some tea with honey in it. Neither of which I have. Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Cat Addict

Maybe you feel better in less than a week...if you can get that speical somebody to stay around a pamper you! Chicken Noodle soup sounds yummy ...and so does tea and honey.
Hope you will feel better soon

explore, doubt and discover for yourself what is the truth.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 03:11 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Sorry to hear it. Hope you feel better sooner!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I took some Nyquil and now all i've really got is a very sore throat and terrible chest congestion. Which is better than that + runny nose, sinus headache, and fever like I had earlier. So i'm counting my blessings such as they are and feeling hopeful that I won't get it too bad.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Cat Addict

Something that really helps me get through the flu is DayQuil. It always helps with body aches in addition to the runny nose/headache/fever/coughing symptoms. I find that once those body aches are gone, being sick is a lot easier to bear.

If you have someone to run errands for you, Celestial Seasonings has an excellent line of tea, one with echinacea in it that I like to have when I am sick.

*Sends a cup of hot tea with honey and echinacea your way*

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to ForJazz
Where is the boy? He should be waiting on you hand and foot, with soup and tea with honey in hand! Hope you feel better soon, I'm sick too. There is an outbreak of whooping cough in my county -- I just pray I'm not getting that.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
You're allowed to whine! You need that soup and hot tea with lemon--on a tray in bed. And the tray should have a flower in a vase. My mother and father made me drink a hot toddy when I had a bad cold as a child. I was so upset because I had just learned how bad alcohol is for you, and I kept coaxing them not to give it to me. They gave it to me anyway. I woke up about an hour later and called my mom. Well, that's what they told me, anyway! They said I kept saying," I'm drunk; I'm drunk."

The reason for the story is that a hot toddy might help you rest. It's a bit of whiskey in a cup of hot water and some sugar. There is a wonderful liqour that's great for sore throat. It's called Rockin' Rye. It's very sweet. Anyway you take only a teaspoonful at a time. It really takes away the pain-immediately. I must sound like a drinker, but I'm not. I'm just trying to think of a way to make you feel better! Get well soon!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Well I took Nyquil and slept from 3pm to 9pm yesterday, and then from 2am to noon today. My chest congestion is still bad, sinus headache is gone, and yes Patrick is waiting on me hand and foot, even though I told him he didn't need to since I can still get around ok. I'm beginning to think maybe I don't have the flu afterall, maybe its just a chest cold w/ a fever.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Have you tried steam to break up the congestion?

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Cool Cat

Let him take care of you even if you think you don't need it. It's good for you to rest. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page