How do you talk to someone? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22
How do you talk to someone?

I'm lookin' for some advice How do you talk/meet a person? I'm a really really shy girl, The only way i've ever met new friends in highschool is through my old friends. Now there's a really awesome guy that i wanna talk to. How do I do it? I'm so at a loss!

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 02:07 PM
Cat Addict

Well, if you're like me, this is what you do:

Invite him to join in an extra curricular activity you enjoy.

Arrange to sit across from the person at lunch tables (or at the table at Taco Time after marching band practice).

Arrange for everyone on the bus to have a seat mate except yourself. Then when the person you want to meet gets on the bus, he has to sit next to you.

I'm not a stalker, I swear. I did these things to a guy I met 10 years ago and he's still my best friend to this day.

Seriously, though, start with "hi." Do you have any classes in common with the guy? If you do, you could ask a question about the course. Or if he has any band stickers or patches, you could comment on them.

There was a boy from another school that I wanted to get to know once. So after a concert one night, I ran over to his bus and asked one of the kids to get him for me. We had a nice conversation and he gave me a tennis ball, but I never saw him again.

My company sends me to a lot of conferences and seminars. I usually try to sit with people I don't know so I can meet more people. It's really easy in a meal situation to get people talking. I usually start with, "Hi, I'm Annissa. I work for ____ and I do ____." People usually respond in kind.

I'm really a lot more shy than I sound.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

talking to someone

Well he is in band with me, and plays the same instrument...hmm... this sounds too intimidating! ahhh!

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Cat Addict

Hey! If you play the same instrument, you're in! Do you have sectionals*? That could be a really good chance to get to know him better. Afterwards, you could say something like "Wow, I'm really hungry! Wanna go get something to eat?" to the section in general.

I was in the pit my senior year of high school and we were doing a Mamas and the Papas marching show. The pit dressed up like hippies and threw beaded necklaces to the crowd as we walked off the field. A few of the guys I threw necklaces to actually got some of my classmates to find me at a different marching competition because they wanted to meet me. People are usually very open to meeting other people.

* A sectional is a type of meeting where a group of people who play the same instrument meet before or after school to practice their instrument together.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

talkin

yes we have sectionals, every meeting. He sits right across from me, which is good eye candy lol. I've thought about asking him about something, but we play different types of the same instrument(he's alto sax, i'm tenor) so that wouldn't work. I'll just go up to him and say "hi" on monday it's gotta work lol thank you very much, you're very helpful!

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Cat Addict

Good luck!

Tina

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Cat Addict

Good luck, Raiynee! I hope it turns out for you and your guy as well as it turned out for me and Ken (the guy I was talking about in my original post).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 04:05 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Ashdyre
LOL. Totally, just say hi to him. You'll be fine... ESPECIALLY since you already know each other trough class and even play the same intrument

Just make sure you have something else to say after hi... like, how are you? How about this composition we are playing? Cold weather we are having eh? Have any plans for halloween? (that last one is good becuase you can make a "date!")
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

talkin

thanks, you guys are great! I'll tell you how it goes, too bad i have to wait for the weekend to go away

thankz again!!

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Cat

way back when I was in high school (many moons ago ) I was very shy about talking to boys. But sometimes you just have to take the initiative and speak to them first. Sometimes I would just make sure they caught me looking at them, and then look away like I was embarrassed that they caught me looking at them. Then sometimes that was enough for them to come up and talk to me. That sounds kinda corney, I know, but it did work sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page