SNL / Ashlee Simpson lip synching aka Milli Vanilli - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

SNL / Ashlee Simpson lip synching aka Milli Vanilli

Anybody see this as well tonight? She lip synched the first song, that was TERRIBLE, you could tell right away... i tuned back around the end of the second song, or what i thought was the end because the band was playing but she was nowhere in sight...i thought it was odd but didn't think anything of it.. NOW I KNOW - she missed her cue!!!

I guess she's really untalented, why didn't she just say 'stop the tape, let's sing for real!' and continue going... why walk away like a clown???

EDIT: sorry, no link

PS i wish i owned TIVO

PPS the show was excellent overall, Jude Law is HOT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Cat

OMG!! I didn't see the episode...but your clip was great...very funny, but I felt embarrased for her!! Why do artists do that these days?? Why not sing for real??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 12:03 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Quote:
Why do artists do that these days?? Why not sing for real??
Because they have no talent. That sounds harsh, but many of these people only sound good after lots of studion editing and touch-ups, not to mention other types of enhancers. Lots of people sound pretty awful live. Also, I didn't see the clip, but if the artist is a "performer" and does a lot of dancing or other complicated routines, it's very difficult to sing well and do that at the same time, so they have them perform and lip sync. Just my 2 cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Cool Cat

That is one of my pet peeves with "live" performances these days. Do you notice how almost EVERY music video these days (other than rock and country) has choreographed dancing? This all started with Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul in the 80's as something different but it has become so overused that it is ridiculous. To artists like Britney Spears who lip sync all their music because of the complicated dance routines, people don't buy your CDs because of your dancing. And why even wear the phony headset mic? Everyone knows you lip sync.

A few years ago I watched a live performance by the country trio SheDaisy where they attempted a dance routine while actually singing and their vocals, which are usually very good, suffered because of it. Does anyone here really even care what else the singer does on stage, just as long as they sing? OK I'm done with my rant.

BTW, the link posted above doesn't work for me... "This page cannot be displayed".
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo
BTW, the link posted above doesn't work for me... "This page cannot be displayed".
The link must be down.. i have the file on my computer, let me see if i can rehost it somewhere else

edit... look for the first post if I have found a new host.. sorry.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Cool Cat

That one doesn't work either...
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Jr. Cat

i really dont like ashlee simpson her style doesnt suit her, if seen the ashlee simpson show on Mtv and cant stand it n e more! i much prefer jessica simpson she sings like an angel! I'm not in to rock chick type stuff at all

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Cat

From what I understand, a lot of the performers on Saturday Night Live lip sync. It probably has to do with the acoustics on the set, because some places just aren't good for live singing. The other artists just pull it off way better.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Sam
Tom Cat

Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
If they could really sing they wouldn't have to lip sync. I have never liked her anyway!

Sam-
Mummy of Persians & Exotics.

I can't thank you enough forjazz!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
I can't get the links to work and I'm DYING to see this! They were making fun of it on the radio last night!

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page