decorating brownies? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

decorating brownies?

Ok, I am cooking for a tailgate this weekend. My cousin and her husband are bringing the meat and chips (BBQ beef & chx). I am supplying all the sides: baked beans, hashbrown casserole, deviled eggs, and dessert.

I want to do brownies for the dessert. I'm just going to use a mix b/c I have plenty to do.

So, which box mix do you recommend?

And, most importantly, what are your suggestions for what to use and how to decorate them?

I want to write a message on them! hee hee. "RIP Red Raiders" written in purple. Should I put a frosting on the brownies and then write the message? What's easy to use to write the message?

I bought a little pastry bag with tips for writing.

Any help would be great. I am doing my shopping after work tonight!

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Oooh, neat! I like the Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge brownies best, personally. For decorating, I'd get vanilla frosting and tint it with the desired color food coloring. I'd just write out what you want to say. If you frost and then decorate, just remember, a lot of people don't care for brownies with a lot of frosting. Good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:25 AM
Senior Cat

Tina, I am quite willing to eat brownies from any mix you select. Not a problem!

Oh, could you pass the hash brown casserole?

Peace,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to zacntonysmomma
Top with peanut butter...or Icing or throw choc chips in the mix....sprinkles....the possibilities are endless...lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Well, I ended up finding this neat white spray that you can put on cakes, cupcakes, and brownies. It gave the brownies a ghost-like look to them which was perfect for the message! Too bad the game didn't go the way we wanted. It will be our first season without a bowl appearance in 12 years.

The hashbrown casserole was a hit! I made a double batch, and it was gone in 20 minutes!

Actually, everything went over well. The only leftovers were the beans, and my cousin's husband jumped at the chance to take them home.

I love cooking for people!

Tina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page