Will Scott Peterson be Convicted? Update! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums
View Poll Results: What will the verdict be?
First degree murder 6 40.00%
Hung jury 4 26.67%
Not guilty 1 6.67%
Second degree murder. 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Will Scott Peterson be Convicted? Update!

Today the prosecution is doing a summation. Have they proved their case? He is a liar and a cheat, but does that make him a murderer? Personally, I think he probably is guilty, but I don't think the prosecution has enough evidence to link him to the crime. There is no direct evidence and no forensic evidence. I believe there will be a hung jury.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 02:50 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Ummm for us not in USA - who??
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Yeah, sorry 'bout that, he's in the US. Allegedly he killed his late-term pregnant wife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 03:27 PM
Senior Cat

I believe they added 2nd degree murder in the mix as well...

I'm hoping for 1st degree murder - who dyes their hair, has 10 cell phones and prepares to live in the boonies...a guilty man...

~R

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

His wife was close to eight months pregnant, and he was having an affair. One of the problems the prosecution has is that Laci's baby was clearly not in the water nearly as long as she was, and seemed to be more developed than expected. If that is true, Scott could not have killed his wife. He was under surveillance.

edit:
Sorry. I didn't see your post, doremi. I was just explaining a bit for Dylan's Mommy. I added second degree. You're right; that is an option.

Jeanie

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Cat Addict

Here is some additional info, Dylan's Mommy. This was a big story here in the U.S. last Christmas season into early Spring.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/peterson/

From Court TV site:

Laci Peterson, a 27-year-old wife who was eight months pregnant, disappeared Christmas Eve, prompting a nationwide search. But when the body of the Modesto, Calif., woman and her unborn child were found four months later, her husband, Scott, was charged with two counts of murder.

Personally, I don't know if he did it. I haven't really followed the case. I think he is a disgusting man for cheating on his pregnant wife, but that doesn't make him a murderer. They said today on one of the major news stations that there is nothing but circumstantial evidence.

I don't know. I just hope that the right thing happens. I do think it is a big deal that the judge added the second-degree murder option. It seems to me the judge really wants a guilty verdict. Otherwise, I'm not sure why he would add it. I thought the prosecution's whole point was how he planned it and set it up. But as I said, I haven't followed the trial very closely.

Tina

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I was surprised at the second degree option also. The prosecution never mentioned a "crime of passion." They discussed the fact that he didn't want the responsibility of a wife and baby, and wanted the freedom to lead a bachelor style life. If a person plans the murder even an hour ahead of time, it is pre-meditated first degree murder.

Anyone watching Court TV or even the Larry King show, how do you feel about Nancy Grace? She gets on my last nerve with her arrogance! She makes everything sound like a National Enguirer article too. Grrrrrrr!

Jeanie

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
Premier Cat

I voted second degree murder. I definately think he killed his wife, but a lot of the evidence is circumstantal. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if he gets off completely.
I find Nancy Grace very annoying too. She belongs on one of those gossipy tabloid shows.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Kitten

Not only did he have the things Doeremi mentioned he also had $15,000 in cash his brothers license and his Mothers car. I'm hoping for a verdict of 1st degree murder also.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat59
Not only did he have the things Doeremi mentioned he also had $15,000 in cash his brothers license and his Mothers car. I'm hoping for a verdict of 1st degree murder also.
Yeah, I couldn't remember the other items. He's quite a jerk. I've also heard from other interviewers before he ended up in court that he actually seemed to outwit them. That the interviewers felt overwhelmed in a sense by his sense of superiority. He is very, very smart. It's not his first affair..just his first baby. I just don't think he was ready settle down.

Yes, Nancy gets on my nerves...very Enquirerish....too many facial motions or something.....she's very annoying..

~R

~a beautiful creation by ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page