Edit: I'm fired. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Edit: I'm fired.

I feel so terrible! So sick! So horrible! I just want to crawl under a rock! I wish I had never worked there... I just... I dunno... Once again my scedual has been cut to only the weekends. I thought everything would be ok... I was supposed to get a full time job... what I got was a part time job... now I have a quarter time job...

Since I thought I was getting full time - and never did... I decided to go back to school - I thought it would be ok since she had me scedualed during that time ANYWAY! But instead I've been all but thrown out!

There are so many other things that have happened... I'm always so worried about my position - am I going to get fired because my boss just doesn't like me? Is she going to try to fire me based on something I didn't do rather than just let me go? I never know what anyone else thinks... I have no idea what to do... I totally hate it all.

On top of that... my boss wants to talk to me... about what? I have no idea. She left a message to get in touch with her... I'm so tired! I just want to find a new job.

I think I'll do that... soon... hopefully this week... I'm just tired of all the anxiety I get from this place. My face has sunken in a bit from the stress - I'm gaining weight... I'm losing my energy. I can't even carry on a conversation without wanting to yell how I feel out! And being in a small town... who knows who knows who?! Who knows who is listening when I go into a store? Who knows who is listening when I SIT DOWN to eat5 and my favorite resturant! I hate this place... I can't wait to leave!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Senior Cat

Rant at us. Scream out everything this way

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Cool Cat

I agree with you -- the best thing to do is find a different job. No one should have to endure that amount of stress at a job. And if your boss can't even be straight with you about what possition you are going to have (and how many hours) you should just find somewhere else to work and walk out of that place (after telling off your boss, of course ) I hope everything works out soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

She wanted to call me - to tell me she wanted to fire me. Not because I was doing a poor job... not because I didn't come in on time... not because I didn't greet every customer that walked in the door... but because some of the regulars came in... and because I messed up their drinks once... and never forgave me... when they walked in and saw me... they left. So she said "because I am shy" she had to let me go.

What am I supposed to say to my next employer? Were you fired? Yes... Why? Because I was shy? What kind of stupid excuse is that?

I feel aweful. Every job I get is like this... I either get one boss that doesn't like me (out of many) and they make my life a living h*** until I leave... or the main boss despises me.

What makes me sick... is she told everyone before she told me. Everyone knew... and acted so weird when I walked into the store. "What are you doing here?" or the silent treatment.

Is that what jobs are now? Does it matter how hard you work or what you do? Is it instead... who you know? Or how much they like you? I'm starting to get a pessimistic feeling about life and jobs in general. What is wrong with me? Why do people hate me so much?

It's not like I'm trying to be unfriendly - but I don't talk much to people (and by that I mean my co-workers or my boss) - that's just how I am. It doesn't mean that I don't try to talk - or get a conversation going. I've tried so many times to ask people around how they are - their lives and other things... and after that they fell silent... so what else should I do? It also doesn't mean that I don't want to talk - or avoid it. Is that wrong? Should I try to be someone else?

I don't think any other job is going to be different than the ones I've had. I think I am the no luck queen.

My stomach is in such a hard knot right now - I don't know what to do. I guess I should try to get a job - but everyone is closed on the weekend around here... and I don't think I would do well with a waitressing or anything for that matter.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

On top of all that stress - mom just told me "Oh great... and on top of being fired you have that cat on the way." She doesn't really care about the darn cat - but she had to make me worry even more!

I have the money for him and all his shots and neautering and almost half a year supply of food for both of my boys. Not to mention extra money just in case they get sick.

Still... it makes me so sick on top of that - to worry about my little boys and their happiness. It's all I can do not to throw up because of the stress right now.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 02:27 AM

Where did you work? Was is a restaurant? You mention serving drinks. I'm extremely shy, but when it comes to work, I'm always the complete opposite. I think it has to do with the fact I know I have to talk to people because the job demands it. I don't get nervous then. I worked in restaurants for a long time, and never had problems unless the people who worked their were unfriendly. I've had a lot of jobs and can tell you that you need to act confident or people will walk all over you. If you let them see a weak side, they will take advantage sooner or later.

You say you're in a small town? How small and why can't you leave? You in school there?

I know it's hard, but you need to do something to cheer yourself up and get your mind off of feeling down. Go out and get another job, only make sure you act confident and don't make excuses for your actions. Don't dwell on the past, it'll only make things worse. You can't change it, so focus on the future.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 03:53 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
was it starbucks by any chance?

I was fired from there because a couple of supervisors didn't like me and were on a power trip... Oh and one of these supervisors made a mistake and blamed me!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 09:36 AM

lots job

aww I'm sure everything will work out okay! just stay tough!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Senior Cat

Hang in there. I'm sure things will work out

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

No, it was a small town coffee joint. I actually said hello to all the customers - told them to have a good day when they left. It was just a few of the people who came in regularly. I could tell who were doing it. I pretty much messed up an order - because they asked me to do it a wrong way. After that - it was all over. I got pushed back even farther - only 2 days a week.

It's not because of that though... everyone has been complained about for being unfriendly or something or another... even the nicest person at our store was called upon several times a week for being unfriendly. It's just the nature of the beast.

Now that I think about it... the boss didn't like me herself... so it really doesn't fit... on top of that... she hired too many people on top of that - and this one chick was comming back next month. Pretty much... someone was going to have to go - or were were going to have to rotate weeks. And guess what? Lucky me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page