Puppy Problems - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Puppy Problems

Our puppy pees either in or just outside my room. I just figured this out last night. He goes all over my clothes and all outside my room. it's disgusting. Could it be because this is my kitties main territory?? any other ideas?

I tried closing the door to keep him out but my parents open the door while i'm at school because "Your cat wants out, he's lonely in the room" Well yes I know that and I feel bad about it, but the cat also doesn't like the dog in his room, and I don't like the dog peeing all over my stuff.

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 02:23 PM

I don't know about puppies or dogs doing this, but Stephen (my cat) used to pee on my stuff whenever I left town for the weekend or if I was gone particularly long one day and she decided to let me know she wasn't happy about it.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 04:48 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiaZ Send a message via MSN to ChiaZ Send a message via Yahoo to ChiaZ
I know this is a little bit off topic ... but ..
Do your dog and cat fight? We got a puppy a few days ago and we got our kitten a few days before that and boy do they fight! She'll go on her hind legs and put her paws up and hiss at him! and he gets sooo scared he doesnt know what to say about it he'll usually back down and start crying ... a few times hes chased her around .. he knows shes the boss though

Chiara
~~ mommy to Kahlua (as of Oct 25/04)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 05:39 PM

22Raiynee22 - how old is your puppy? Does he get free reign of the house while you are gone? (other than your door usually being closed) When my dog was a puppy (he is 1 year now) he was bad about peeing, so I crate trained him. I had tried those stupid pads that is supposed to "attract" them to pee on them. the only thing he wanted to do with those was to chew them up. so i crate trained him, and it was EXTREMELY successful. It helped to teach him about "his" area and teach him to not go in "his" area. Also when they are young they can only hold it for around 2 hours at a time. They older the get the longer they can learn to hold it. Brady sleeps in his crate all night now, and when we let him out in the morning he still takes his time to get out. He goes in there on his own at night. I figure that maybe yes yours is peeing b/c it is your cats area, but also mine never peed b/c it was my cat's area, but he peed when he had to go and if he found a spot he had gone on before then he would just go there again.

ChiaZ- Your animals are just trying to get used to each other and establish who is "head" or "leader" of the house. Maybe your kitten has never seen a dog before this and she may be a little freaked out, but they will get used to each other. She just wants him to know not to mess with her so that he knows it later when he is bigger than her. If she can be the boss now, then she will be the boss later. She'll teach him, and it will work out just fine, they may even become the best of friends.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 05:53 PM

ChiaZ -
We have a 5 year old female cat and a 10 month old female Yorkie.

Here's how ours get along/what we've done... (about the third post down on this thread.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.ph...ighlight=penny

Figured the link would be easier than re-typing!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiaZ
I know this is a little bit off topic ... but ..
Do your dog and cat fight? We got a puppy a few days ago and we got our kitten a few days before that and boy do they fight! She'll go on her hind legs and put her paws up and hiss at him! and he gets sooo scared he doesnt know what to say about it he'll usually back down and start crying ... a few times hes chased her around .. he knows shes the boss though
They don't fight but my cat doesn't like the dog, my kitty will hiss and run away lol. It's actually kind of good that your cat has showed dominence though because then the puppy won't learn to chase cats and hurt them because he'll know he can get beat up lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Puppy Problems

Makes sense bogolove and mismodliz, I had a discussion with my dad and we've confined him to downstairs until we get a dog house for outside that we can put him when we can't watch him. we've found a way for now that he can't get up, a toy box infront of the stairs, and that way we can just climb over it and he can't hopefully all will work well

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page