I got a job! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I got a job!

Hey everyone! I got a job that I interviewed for the day after we moved. They called me back the next day.
The good: it is a top rated cancer hospital, the salary is pretty high compared to other places, I only have to work every 4th weekend (most places are every 3rd). It is also where my dad was treated sucessfully for cancer almost 15 years ago, so it has special meaning for me to work there.
The bad: I'm not in the department I would really like to work for and my hours are not exactly what I would like.
The ugly: I will have a very long commute...an hour to an hour and a half each way. If I take the bus it may be even longer. I guess that's what we get for not wanting to live in the middle of the city and choosing a nice suburb to live in.
I am calling them tomorrow morning to accept the position and should start on November 15.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:41 AM

Conragtulations! Hope the good is enough to outweigh the rest!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 03:09 AM

Yay, congrats!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:40 AM

Congratulations! I hope you love your new job.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:40 AM

Congratulations!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 09:42 AM

Congratulations! Good luck
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:29 PM

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of cancer did your dad have? My uncle is currently battling espohageal cancer and he is scheduled for surgery December 10. He does not want to do it b/c he has to have a whole throat reconstruction. they are taking everything and making all new everything and he does not want to have a voice box. I understand but if it is that or your life, you have to do what you have to do. His other option was to have just the cancer removed but he would have to have a feeding tube the rest of his life. And his last option was to do nothing. He is having the surgery here at Vanderbilt because all of his family is here in Tennessee.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 01:39 PM

new job

Congratulations! that's so great!! hope you have fun
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

My dad had lymphoma of the brain. It left him with no hearing in his right ear, little in his left (he loses more each year) and short term memory loss so severe that he took a medical disability. We don't even know what all effects it had on his brain...he acts different in some ways and we have no way of knowing if it is a brain thing or just the effect of the short term memory loss. Anyway, even with all those challenges, he feels very lucky to have his life.
I hope your uncle's surgery goes well and that everything turns out better than he expected with his throat.
By the way, my dad really liked the book "Why bad things happen to good people" when he had cancer. I think (not sure) it may have helped him with some of the feelings he was having at the time.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page