stressed out!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

stressed out!!

So, I'm going on my first business trip EVER (this is my first *real* job) tomorrow. Scotty is being kitty-sat by Brandon, so I know he's in good hands. However, my face is all itchy and splotchy and it just started today. It's gotten worse the more I think about packing. Then...

My grandma calls me to tell me that I hurt my mother's feelings yesterday, but that my mom didn't want to tell me. Being as stressed out as I obviously am, I resorted to one word answers, got off the phone with my grandma and just started crying!!! You know, my mother is 47 years old (good Lord if she knew I posted that on the internet) and she is STILL incapable of telling me if I hurt her feelings. I am just so upset about the whole derned thing, and I wasn't even *supposed* to know!!!

Now my arms are starting to itch. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:21 PM

Oooh, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you can call your mom and smooth things over, without letting her know you know; my mother was also sensitive like this, and I got good at smoothing things over. You should get as relaxed as possible so you can enjoy your trip!

I can sympathize with the itch, too; when I have something important/stressful, I get zits - and my complexion is normally very good. Don't you hate those strange reactions?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2004, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

I will have to wait until tomorrow (it's late here already and I'm still upset about the whole thing).

Usually when I'm anxious or stressed, I can't eat (i.e. I lose my appetite). Once, I had a twitch under my eye for a whole week and it even created a small pea-sized ball that didn't go away for at least 2 weeks after it stopped twitching.

Once my laundry is done, I might be able to sleep.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 09:47 AM

I hope you feel better. I am the same way - when I am really stressed, upset, or even furious, it all builds up and comes out as tears! It's really frustrating when I really feel like someone wronged me, and I start crying (takes away a bit of the strength of my argument...)

Hopefully you can communicate with your mom and you can go off and enjoy your trip.

I hope you feel better soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page