"DALLAS" Reunion - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

"DALLAS" Reunion

Did anyone watch the "Dallas" reunion special on CBS tonight? My husband and I did and, boy, did it bring back a ton of memories. My mom and I almost NEVER missed an episode. Of course, I don't remember watching it until the last few years of the show but they were memorable ones.

I had to tease my mom tonight and say, "I can't believe you let me watch that!" because I was only about 12 or 13 when I really started paying attention to it. She said, "Well, you still turned out okay." Actually, I was so shy when in high school you could barely get me to leave the house, so it's not like that show had a negative impact on me or anything.

I had the biggest crush on Patrick Duffy, a.k.a. Bobby Ewing, and I had to laugh tonight because my husband looked up his age on the Internet and found out that he is only 2 months older than my dad! When I discovered this I told my husband that that show must have had a lot to do with me starting to like older guys, because my husband is almost 15 years older than me. My parents could care less though. They love him! All that matters to either of them is that he treats me right. I've never really liked guys my own age. I always felt older than I really am so I never related to guys in school. It wasn't until I was working right after college that I met my husband either, so I was completely legal when we started dating!

Anyway, I got way off on a tangent. It was a pretty neat show tonight if "Dallas" was your thing in the '80s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-08-2004, 10:02 AM
Cool Cat

I watched it to! It didn't come on at 9:00 as scheduled, so my mom and I were on the phone with each other: "Where is it? What channel? Why isn't it there?!" It was chaos....CHAOS I tell you! When it finally came on at 10:00, I even got Jim to sit down and watch it with me. He was amused by all of the cliff-hangers.

Some of the seasons were on before I was born ('81), but I'd remembered most of it from reruns and "E! True Hollywood Story: Dallas." I probably started watching with mom when I was about 6...and still remember so much of it! Every time the theme song played last night, I'd hum along so happily. What a great show that was. I was shocked, though, at how many times I saw guns being used last night. My goodness!

And yes, this little girl had a crush on Bobby Ewing as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page