Cats and the Paranormal ~~~~~ - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Cats and the Paranormal ~~~~~

What are your views on Cats and their abilities to view things we don't.

To state the question clearly : Do you think that cats sees Ghosts or apparitions that we don't? assuming that you beleive in the paranormal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 04:22 AM

Absolutely. I think all animals have very raised attention to seeing things that are hard to see and sensing emotions, changes in the atmosphere, etc. I think children have a raised "sixth sense" too, until they are taught by the world that it's nonsense.

I am absolutely sure that they can see things that we cannot see. Myself, I think i'm about as "psychic" as a ham sandwich.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 04:22 AM

Yes. I am a big believer in the afterlife, seeing as my maternal grandmother is a spiritualist medium I grew up with the belief firmly rooted. I have experienced paranormal events myself, and investigate haunted locations (going to my second castle next weekend!).

I do believe that cats (and dogs) have extra-sensory perception, and are more 'open' and aware of spirits and paranormal activity.

Not just that though, I also believe that cats are somewhat pychic, even telepathic in some cases. Whatever, they are extraordinarily sensitive and perceptive creatures.

Ems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 06:43 AM Thread Starter

Ems this is great I used to also do investigations in the past, touched many things in the paranormal world, and well hmmm saw things

But my cat sees those things too , just wondered how everyone felt about this issue
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Banned

Cats have ESP, right?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 03:52 PM

I don't believe in "ghosts" per say, but I do believe in paranormal occurences, and "psychic residue" for lack of a better term. I do believe cats are more in-tune to this other "dimension" as all of their perceptions are heightened beyond ours. Many's the time I've seen animals transfixed on something there seemed to be no logical explanation for. I believe they pick up "vibes" that many people just aren't sensitive enough to experience.

As for all the quotation marks - these are for terms I use loosely, for lack of anything better or more adequately descriptive than what's available to me.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Tom Cat

I posted once, about my prior cat's favorite lullaby, Brahms' Lullaby, and mentioned that I got to where we referred to it as Rom's Lullaby. Rom is buried just beyond the wall of our living room, and just left of the fireplace. He's buried in a small garden that runs along the side of the house, with a beautiful little memorial stepping stone covering his grave.

After we lost Rom, the emptiness of his absence became so strong that my wife and I visited our humane shelter and adopted a little lady name Kiwi. Kiwi is a darling little kitty that loves being beside us at nearly all times. She's not overly fond of lying in laps, except on occasion. On one of those occasions, I was in the den upstairs at the computer, when Kiwi decided that lying beside me on the floor wasn't enough, so she jumped into my lap. When she decides to get on your lap, you know she's decided it's time for some serious petting and attention. So, I stopped work at the computer and started stroking her, and was quickly rewarded by her purring. I decided to see how she liked Rom's Lullaby, and started humming it. Uh, oh.... big mistake.

Kiwi listened for three or four seconds, as if to enjoy it, and then leaped off my lap running to the stairs and surveying all that she could see from that vantage point downstairs. I followed of course, and couldn't figure out why she acted so spooked. She immediately dashed down the stairs and looked around. She suddenly faced the wall just to the left of the fireplace, arched her back, flared her fur, and turned sideways as if too challenge something there. She then darted toward the sofa, and scooted under. I knelt in front of the sofa and looked under, and tried talking to her. She wouldn't budge. She spent about a half hour under there before finally coming out. Of course I couldn't help but make a connection with the fact that the tune was Rom's tune.

For the next couple of days she would study that area of the wall from a distance, but didn't go near. An unusual event occurred two or three days later. She was studying that area of the wall, and suddenly arched her back and flared her hair again. Then suddenly she relaxed a bit, approached the wall, laid down on the floor right next to it, and relaxed. For the next few weeks it became a favored area to just lie down, relax, and take short naps.

Attempts to draw a connection come easy, but, since there's no need to draw a conclusion, I'll just marvel at the events, and wonder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 11:48 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I posted a few weeks ago- in Bengal Cat's thread concerning the paranormal,-- some of the incidents in the "haunted house" I lived in for nine years. In that thread, I mentioned that Blacky watched every unexplained noise I heard, and followed the noise with his eyes wherever it moved. He would not go into the cold room with the wasps either. That was the room where a young woman died in a fire many years before. I have no explanation for those events. I wish Blacky could have talked. I think he saw everything going on in that house.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t ... eve+ghosts

edit/error

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I COMPLETLEY think that cat's (and dog's) see and sence things that we don't. I feel I have some intuition about supernatural things...I'm not psychic or anything, i just get feelings (as most women do i hear). Well there is a closet in our attic (which happens to be a loft now, my boyfriends bedroom). I have always had a bad feeling about this closet from the first time we VIEWED the house before we moved in. My boyfriends bed is directly across from the closet. Occasionally, as if a gust of wind is blowing through, the closed will blow open (when it was firmly shut). One day a few weeks ago, Nya was sitting by my boyfriends bed. She suddenly stood up, and stalked as if she were sneaking up on something...hunting...ye know? And her eyes were transfixed on the closet. She slunk over to behind the banister and just watched it intensely. It really freaked me out.

<--Julia

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 02:11 PM
Premier Cat

I definately think cats, and animals in general, sense things humans are unable to. We probably have all been sitting quietly with our cats when suddenly they look up, their ears perked up, obviously seeing or hearing something we are not aware of. It would be interesting to somehow view the world as they do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page