Heh... heh... kitties! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Heh... heh... kitties!

I'm so excited about little Mr. Kiley Friskin! Having another cat in the house is going to be so much fun!

All this week I have been meeting all these sweet little cats all over the place. Some at petsmart - that need homes - some just sitting around town without a place to call home. There is this SOLID black cat outside the starbucks - she was so sweet that I could barely stand it! The people at the starbucks gave her milk (she looked pretty thin). I asked them if she belonged to anyone and they said "If she does, we wouldn't know - she just hangs around here all the time."

I told Brad "If we had our own place... she would be at the vet tomorrow morning and a collar around her neck with my number on it."

I also met a sweet little 3 legged cat - and another little black sox cat that needed a home.

I think once I get my new cats - that I'm going to try and rescue some. I think I'll try out the purebred shelters and other animal shelters to get what I want out of a kitty... fluffy, sweet and happy lap kitties. I know... ME at a rescue for once... As long as they get along with other kitties it should be ok, right?

Brad told me "I'm figuring that we will have about 7 or 8 cats." hehe... "I'm just prepairing myself for it... I don't want to be surprised when you bring home two cats one day to add to our five." then he says "We should probably start buying lots of cat trees... maybe save for that huge Pagoda we saw on that website..." Isn't he great? He was even looking at the 6 liter fountain big enough for large dogs rather than the cat fountain. "We should probably just get this one instead... just to be prepaired." I swear... he knows how to charm a girl...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Darn it! Does this post sound weird or something?

I feel so weird sometimes after I post things like this - I just get so excited about things. I just start blabbering about nothing.

I think I really do want a house full of cats - and I know that I might not get 7!! But it is a lot of fun to think about it... I just keep thinking about all the different cats that I like... and... even though I've had lots and lots of problems with shelter animals before... after reading so many happy stories... I thought it might be ok to look at a shelter for the cats I want rather than going to a breeder.

Do I sound stupid?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 02:38 AM

Nah, not stupid. I'd probably have a ton of cats if I had the time and space! Glad you are considering rescuing future kitties! Brad sounds like a keeper - I hope I find a guy that's supportive of my love of cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 03:36 PM

Nah, perfectly normal obsession with kitties.
If we win the lottery big we would move out to the country and build a big house with lots of room for a lot of kitties. I want to have several rooms designed like the house in that cat house book. Anyone seen that? It's so cool.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Banned

Yes, I have that book, I love it . Its called The Cats House by Bob Walker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page