Think before you litter! (not just plastic anymore...) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Think before you litter! (not just plastic anymore...)

I was at a falconry demonstration recently and learned something rather interesting. Of course, we all know that littering is bad, but what about biodegradable things like food? Well, food thrown out car windows or near roadways will frequently attract small animals who will in turn attract hawks and owls. Being hit by a car is one of the greatest threats to these magnificent birds of prey; not only are many birds killed, but hundreds of others are injured, often permanently. I know I'll think twice now before throwing that apple core away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:09 PM

Thanks for sharing that information, I admit that I've used that argument to toss a banana peel before--not again. We need all species to keep this planet spinning. Our thoughtlessness is so destructive! And I read that hawks, owls, and eagles are adapting well to urban life - but not if that were to keep up.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:34 PM

Mean Jeannie, you say we need all species to keep the planet spinning....but do we really need spiders??? I just HATE those things!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Well, it's spiders or rampant ants, moquitos, flies and other nasty buggies I am paralyzingly afraid of spiders, but I've come to terms with the fact that they're necessary.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleke
Mean Jeannie, you say we need all species to keep the planet spinning....but do we really need spiders??? I just HATE those things!
I have a look-the-other-way-and-run policy when it comes to spiders myself! Snakes, too!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 04:05 AM

I never litter anyway, food or other goods. I'm petrified of spiders, but imagine all the flies without them - they'd take over the earth! Despite how creepy and scary some animals are, they all have as much a place on this planet as us.

Ems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page