Make your own stunning Christmas cards! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Make your own stunning Christmas cards!

OK, I have to admit that part of my absence here is due to a silly hobby of mine, to make my own cards. Now when Christmas is nearing quickly it's time to make those cards (won't have much time once we move in a month).

I found a really fun technique I'd like to share with you, it's called Iris Folding. I found this link and adjusted the ideas a bit to suit me.

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/IDEAS/IDEA_297.htm

I didn't have any blank or holographic paper, but I made do with what I had at home. I didn't have any template either, I just cut out the "frame" myself, after the template you can download.

This is a detail of the work:

And here's the card I made:

Here's another fun link to download some fun templates for Iris Folding. Not as Chrismasy, but gorgeous!
http://www.cardsandcrafts.freeservers.com/iristmpl.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 05:57 PM

Cyber ....that is so cool, I love to do arts and crafts. Good Luck in your move and have fun doing your cards...
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 06:47 PM

christmas cards

That's sooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!! I can't wait to try it! thanks for sharing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 07:00 PM
MA

Thanks for sharing. I make Christmas cards too but only for other artsy fartsy friends because they keep them. I do rubber stamping technique but like this alot. Looks like alot of work.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

MA, yeah I do rubberstamping too, but not that much yet. Have a few stamps but none of them are exactly what I like and I need to buy more inks in different colors. Been thinking of buying unmounted stamps from the US, if the shipping is reasonable, to keep the price down a bit.

I do a lot of embossing! It's great fun and can be done without stamps. I have a few embossing pens and it lets me draw on free hand. Then I have a gang of different embossing powders that I heat up to get a cool design.

Here's a card I made with embossing (both the frame, with transparent and the chinese sign ("birthday) in gold glitter):

And this is another card I made, but just with different layers of paper and a cute ribbon with roses:

With a few different types of papers and a bit of creativity you can come up with a lot of fun ideas.

Oh, and you have to play with eyelets a bit, that's soo fun!

Two REALLY fun stores online to buy stuff from:
http://impressrubberstamps.com/

http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.com/

Oh, btw... if you have any StampUp stamps (I think that's what they are called) let me know... cuz you can't buy them online or anywhere here in Sweden and I really want to try to get hold of some.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Oh, btw... if you have any StampUp stamps (I think that's what they are called) let me know... cuz you can't buy them online or anywhere here in Sweden and I really want to try to get hold of some.
My boyfriend's boss just invited me to another StampUp party.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:37 PM

How cool! Maybe I should make those since I am running low on cash this year...
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 02:10 AM

Wow, that's really neat! I simply don't have the patience for this type of thing, but I wish I did!
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mismodliz
Quote:
My boyfriend's boss just invited me to another StampUp party.
GO GO GO!!! And buy me stamps if you don't want any for yourself!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 12:36 PM

Cyber Pet

Your cards are very pretty, I like the folding technique

and i'm so excited to see you are from Sweden, My family is Swedish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page