Famous last words, anyone? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Famous last words, anyone?

Has anyone ever said anything reeeeaaaaly stupid or ironic - and it ends up happening?

Here is mine:

One time when I was at my grandma's and it is freezing in Ohio during Christmas - and she has these paper thin blankets... BUT of course she has elecric blankets as well. My mother advised me not to use them since they were so old, and I did listen... but the last night... I felt so sick and tired of being cold that I told my mother I was going to use it anyway. I told her "It's not like I'm going to burst into flames or something."

Oh ho... you can guess what happened! Right after I got myself under those blankets... *SNAP!* What? *SNAP!* I was being shocked by the stupid blanket! I started smelling smoke and I ripped the cord out of the wall. The stupid blanket had black marks on it where it almost caught fire... how stupid is that? I better watch what I say from now on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 12:47 AM

lol yes!!!! I said that i was never gonna have a car accident and i jinxed myself coz the next day i had one.. single car as wel and it was really wet.. i wrote my car off well my parents car ooops
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 01:23 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Famous last words, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeki Muffinhands
it is freezing in Ohio during Christmas - ...
...that's pretty funny

Mine happened just last month, we had a piece of equipment go down right at shift change, the guy on afternoons had the panels off but hadn't found the problem yet. I said I would tear into it and troubleshoot as soon as I got the chance, and for some reason he said "careful you don't get zapped!" and I kinda laughed like yeah, right...

...well about an hour later I was checking some fittings and the back of my hand just grazed the hot lead to the furnace ZAP!! holy cow did I get zapped, dropped the wrench I was holding and it fell on top of the other hot lead and POW! Bo0m! Kablam!! sparks shot everywhere, welded the wrench to the wire and blew all the circuit breakers!!

I couldn't think straight for hours after that, 250v 20a power supply, lucky I wasn't baked on the spot.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 02:04 AM

Funny stories. I've got one too.

Where I work, someone came up with the brilliant idea of having the outdoor electrical outlets attached to the bottom of the water fountain. So after a couple of times of having been shocked while plugging the radio in (which I always made sure was switched to off) I decided I'd be smart, and detach the cord from the radio before plugging it in. Anyway, I said "Watch me get shocked again, even though it's unplugged." Sure enough, I got shocked again; guess there was some juice left in the cord. That is sooo not a nice feeling.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 09:42 AM

A few years ago I was at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC with some friends, and we were in an area where some things were covered in glass, and some things weren't. I was approaching this one statue that was NOT covered, and my friend was like "I don't think you're supposed to touch that" and i said "If they didn't want you to touch it, they'd put glass around it", and as soon as I got close to it *BEEP BEEP BEEP!*

We got a good laugh and I backed off
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Banned

I think I'm psychic because yesterday or the day before I was thinking when will my pictures be coming in the mail & on that day the pictures came!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page