XM or Sirius? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

XM or Sirius?

Does anyone have either sattelite radio? I want to know the pro's and con's of either one and which one is better in your opinion..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 02:34 AM

i have xm radio in our car and in our home we love it. it has great music.for the price its awesome....we pay approx 10 month.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Xm, we have it in the car and the house We LOVE IT!! couldn't live without it now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Premier Cat

Our new car has XM built in, I really like it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well, somehow my boyfriend got a special deal on Sirius I think. Can anyone tell me what the difference between them is, or are they basically the same except different brands
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat
Well, somehow my boyfriend got a special deal on Sirius I think. Can anyone tell me what the difference between them is, or are they basically the same except different brands
I would like to know the difference, also. I would love to have satellite radio. I saw an ad for a handheld coming out next month!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Cat Addict

I guess Sirius has been getting some exclusive deals; they'll be the only system carrying Howard Stern, and apparently you can listen to every NFL game on Sunday. Although XM signed a deal to get all MLB games...

One thing that makes Sirius a compelling choice is that they just hired Mel Karmazin as their CEO. Hiring him is the equivalent getting Michael Jordan to play for your basketball team. So look for big things out of them in the future.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 11:57 AM

So you can only get certain stations with each one? That sucks. I thought since it was satellite, you could get access to all of the stations. I'd hate to have to pick one that I thought fit best, and then have the other pick up the sports games I want.

Can't we all just work together!!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Tom Cat

I think this is another way to get us used to paying for things that used to be free. A friend of mine has XM in his car, and he is more frugal than I am. He swears it is worth the money.

By "stations" I think it is more like types of music............for instance there are "50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, metro traffic (for selected cities), country, rock, salsa, latino, classical, etc. "music stations" on XM. I think they may have different deals with different personalities for their "talk-radio stations". I was unaware of deals to cover NFL, MLB, NBA etc. I know there are "sports" stations on there, but maybe for NASCAR, NCAA etc.

I believe there is info on the web about each one. I would try home pages as a starting point. $120 per yr seems like alot to listen to the radio though. There are also some areas on out trip to work where the signal drops out too.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Me and my bf are always in the car and since one of the cars we have doesn't have a cd player he wanted to get sattelite for it since I drive from Austin to Houston alot too. They have some music on there that I can't find on any radio stations. I'm getting really sick of radio stations b/c now all the stations are rap/r&b except 1 rock station. Nothing wrong with them since I listen to that alot too but I like variety and lot of techno/house music too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page