Don't buy McAfee software - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Don't buy McAfee software

I purchased their Personal Firewall Plus a few months ago to use for a small office network. I could not get the software configure correctly because it kept blocking LAN traffic. I spent hours with McAfee live chat trying to get this to work with no luck. They sent me to their next level of tech support and they couldn't figure it out. I have been back and forth with them about this probably 20 times over the last 3 months and their tech support department finally told me to contact customer service and notify them that tech support was unable to resolve my problem.

Now customer service tells me that they cannot give me a refund because the product is well over 30 days old. Can you believe this?

I'm not going to let it rest at this. I guess I need to get to a manager. Problem is that all of their phone lines are automated and it is a real pain to try to get there, if at all.

Just a warning to anyone considering any product from this company. Their customer service is awful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 05:30 PM

I hate there products. I haven't bought anything from them for years. I had a program they published called PGP. Someone else developed it as an encryption program years ago. As soon as it was on the computer I had a certain problem and had to remove it. A few months later I bought a different program for my mom and it did the same exact thing to her computer! After that I said no more.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That's just not right! Well, they're digging their own grave. People will pass the word, and they'll either improve their product and service or go under!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2004, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I entered a negative review at Amazon.com for that product. There were 3 other poor reviews already there, not for the same problem as mine but just in general. I'm passing the word along to anyone I can.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 06:07 AM

I absolutely hate automated phones...grrr..
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Premier Cat

Darn those automated lines! And darn those people who cheat you out of merchandise you've bought. I think you should write to Better Business Bureau. I did for Verizon and I felt much better about it though I'm still mad
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

I received an e-mail that my complaint was being forwarded to a higher position.

If I don't get results I will do just that.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Banned

Thanx for the tip!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 11:46 PM
Cool Cat

I feel if you can get the same type of a product for free or less, than you should't pay just because of a mcafee name.

there's a great firewall out there, ZoneAlarm, you should give it a try, and it's free
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:21 AM

Never underestimate the power of nasty letters... my sister and her hubby have gotten LOTS of free stuff that way...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page