Christmas Movies and TV - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Christmas Movies and TV

It's will soon be time for the annual Christmas movies and TV shows. What's your favorite?

I love "It's a Wonderful Life" and Miracle on 34th. Street." (the old one, colorized) Frank Capra said that It's a Wonderful Life" was his best movie, and perhaps one of the best movies of all times, and I tend to agree with him. I love "Miracle of 34th. Street," because I believe in Santa! He's a dear old man, isn't he? (Even if he does make crumbs on my Christmas tablecloth! )

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
Banned

Its A Wonderful Life, Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch, etc.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 08:46 PM
Cat Addict

I loved xmas back home, in Europe. They used to put fairy tailes - really nice - Czech fairytales are so beautiful! And they would play them from morning till the night (on Dec. 24th - that's when we celebrate Xmas).

Thanks to some 'downloading softwares' I'm able to find them and download them from other users (I know it's not right, but what else can I do?). I would buy a video tape but here is a different system than in Europe.

I don't even know what they put in Canada on TV eventhough this will be my 4th Christmas! Maybe I should try and see one of the movies you suggested - like the one Miracle on 34th. Street - I've never seen it!

I can't belive Christmas is coming so soon!!!!

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I love fairy tales. Over here we most often read (and make into films) Grimm's Fairy Tales and Anderson's Fairy Tales, which I'm sure you're familiar with. However, they are not a Christmas tradition.

Jeanie

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Nightmare Before Christmas all the way!

Also, as much as I HATE that I get sucked into watching it... last year they started a 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story... and for some reason every time I flipped it on it was at the same part... and I kept watching... over and over and over again!

Lets see... I can't really think of anything else except Christmas episodes of my favorite shows like Friends

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I love all the children's christmas specials. Rudolph of course, (the clay-mation-puppet one!) and there was another christmas special that was done the same as Rudolph, about how Santa became Santa Clause... I LOVE that one too. And the cartoon Frosty the Snowman. AND the Toronto Santa Clause Parade. I watch it on T.V does that count??

<--Julia

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:34 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to zacntonysmomma
I like national lampoons Christmas Vacation...But I love the Grinch and the story with The "HEATMISER AND THE SNOWMISER"...YEAR WITH OUT A SANTA CLAUSE....
AND lets not forget the "CHRISTMAS STORY" With the boy who wants a red ryder B-B gun.

"AHHHH Fra-gee-lay (fragile)..must be Italian!"
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

What handsome boys! Of course!

Jeanie

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 10:46 PM

Miracle on 34th Street (same one Jeanie mentioned, with Natalie Wood)
A Christmas Carol (the one with Gene Lockheart and Reginald Owen)
The Bishop's Wife

Guilty Pleasures:
Prancer (how can you go wrong with a little girl who refuses to give up Santa Clause?!)
A Christmas Story

Cartoons:
Santa and the Three Bears
Yes Virginia, There is a Santa Clause
How the Grinch stole Christmas
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:08 AM
Cat Addict

I'm glad I can see the titles of movies you guys like. It will give me an idea what to look for!

-eva-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page