So how should I Xmas decorate my house? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2004, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

So how should I Xmas decorate my house?

Well, I think a tree indoor is out of the question. Sam and Suzy would never leave it alone and I dread I'll see my old christmas tree ornaments (that my grandmother had in *her* tree) in thousand pieces. I would never want that to happen... so I guess the tree has to wait at least until next Christmas when they've simmer down a bit and are not so much kittens.

But what could I do to make the house "chrismassy"?

We don't decorate so much outdoors in Sweden, but I kind of like the idea to at least have something around the windows or the door.

The problem is that you can't find ANY nice decorations for the outdoor here in Sweden and order them online is almost impossible since we don't run the same current as in northern America.

So it has to be mainly indoors and something hanging *in* the windows, high up enough for the cat not to reach it and pull it down.

Any ideas???!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Premier Cat

I'm soon going to be decorating around the house with Christmasy candles, candy dishes, maybe put a jingle bell wreath inside the door and you can find those window stickers that you can put on and just peel off of your windows. Those are cute and no sticky stuff on there either.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 10:40 AM

I love white lights.

<-- Trying to convince the bf to help me string some up outside this year. Last year he refused.

A tree is out of the question. I used to have a cute little 4-ft tree decorated in silver, white, and blue (my favorite Christmas colors). Stephen liked to climb it and bat the ornaments around on the floor until they would break. **grrr**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

I'm even afraid of using candles, I know those curious cats are going to burn their whiskers.

The problem is to convince hubby to hang outdoor lamps up and also make sure he takes it down in time... at least before we have to start cut the lawn again.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-25-2004, 08:59 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
We usually don't do a whole lot at my house, but what I absolutely LOVE is how we decorate the fireplace.

We get a few strands of the fake pine sprig stuff... like what you'd make a wreath out of. Hook them end to end so its long enough to drape all the way across the top and over the sides. We weave a strand of lights into the branches(usually white, but I like the blue).

Its really simple, but looks very nice. I think something like that could work across the bottoms of the windows or something.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page